Gym Style - I think I found my soulmate workout!

mommy4

I've been training in the gym on and off since early teens, but with 4 kids under 12 , I just don't have the time. I've been hitting the weights 3-4 times a week at home, but was getting bored with my routines.
Until I tried Gym Style: Back, Shoulders and Biceps. What an awesome workout. What DOMs! I could barely pick up my toddler today. Yes, I know it's a little weird to get excited over DOMs, but to me it means I worked hard.
I loved the tension band "finishes", loved the forearm training, heavy sets.
Promptly went and bought a barbell (I used dumbbells yesterday), looking forward to some heavy Gym Style leg training tomorrow.
Wish me luck :D

It looks like you are a new member, so welcome. You will find that there are many others here who enjoy DOMs as much as you. Rest assured you are not weird nor alone! I'm doing the Gym Styles workouts this month also; they are amazing.

Lisa

DOMs are awesome LoL, unless my 12 year old asks me to go on a run with him on a leg day :D
Thanks for the welcome, Lisa :wave:
Toomuch joy, I'm not in US right now, but I would try Sports Authority or Academy, whatever is local to you. I ordered my adjustable dumbbells from Amazon with free shipping few years ago, you can try that too.

I am doing a GS rotation right now and really enjoying it. I've owned all 3 DVDs since March, but just tried tried them for the first time three weeks ago. I'm loving the traditional lifting, especially after coming off a CLX rotation. Have fun!

GS is my all time favorite Cathe split series! And I get the best results from it. I just finished a month doing GS and my biceps look better than ever. :).

Alydinva, I did CLX / TF rotation last year and while I like compound lifts and exercises, CLX was boring me a little. I did it 2 years ago and almost completed it and then had my 4th, so had no time to train for a while. Love TF though.

OK, I did all three of the Gym Style workouts this week and I'm so sore!
Love it. I've been lifting for a long time, but the little adjustments and "finishers" that Cathe adds are a killer.
For the record, these are the first Cathe workout's I've tried.
Rest tomorrow, stretch and light cardio Saturday and hopefully, I'll recuperate enough to do Power Hour on Sunday.

DOMS are the goal for sure! You can be sure most of us are with you in that club.
We could have bumper stickers ==== Honk if you (**) (heart) DOMS ==== lol!
My first w/o with Cathe with DOMS, was the bridges from Legs and Glutes, or around here L&G for short. When you're ready for it, there's even a 1 leg bridge, which was new to me. Really tightens those hams.

Wait till you can do STS plyo though. You'll have DOMS for days! Awesome!
Make sure you have some light w/o planned after that, or just upper body.
Would be a good day to just go for a walk or yoga if you're into it.
When you're ready for that, you don't have to buy STS, it can be downloaded
individually.

OK, I did all three of the Gym Style workouts this week and I'm so sore!
Love it. I've been lifting for a long time, but the little adjustments and "finishers" that Cathe adds are a killer.
For the record, these are the first Cathe workout's I've tried.
Rest tomorrow, stretch and light cardio Saturday and hopefully, I'll recuperate enough to do Power Hour on Sunday.

Welcome to Cathe nation.

Those adjustments and finishers from Cathe are the cause of the DOMS. Cathe's w/o being new to you, your body tell you!:D = DOMS.

Later on you will be working out hard without necessarily having DOMS. So remember not to be too hard on yourself. A change in a routine, new moves, new type of training is what cause DOMS.

Has anyone said " you wait till you do STS plyo":D:D? I would say welcome to cathe's island of Gems;);):D That was my thought when I discovered the full Cathe's collection. I never looked back since then and I stuck with her:):)

Hmmm Power hour Sunday really;);) I can sense your preference for Barbell.:D:D:D Have fun:):):)

All the best,

I love Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps + Chest & Triceps. Did Chest and Triceps Monday and will do Back, Shoulders and Biceps tomorrow! I'm not crazy about Gym Style Legs, I think Lower Body Blast is far better!

Amanda

Why are they called DOMS?

When there's nothing delayed about them?
GS Legs is my new favorite. I have only done it twice so far and it has replaced S&H Legs for me. I'm not fond of cardio mixed in with Leg day at all. I find GS Legs easy enough to slow down. It's perfect!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.