Gym Style Chest and Triceps - Love It

kelley111

Cathlete
I just did this workout this morning and I absolutely loved it. Triceps are a big problem area for me and I rarely ever see that pump in them like when I work biceps. I SAW THAT PUMP THIS MORNING!!! I'm afraid I may not be able to lift my arms in the morning. And I'm such a weakling. I had to drop to 5 pounds on some of the chest work after doing all those pushups which I couldn't even finish. This is probably my favorite of the Gym Style so far. Normally my favorite is anything with biceps, but this time it is triceps. I'll be trying the Legs workout either tomorrow or Sunday and it looks so tough.

GS Chest and Tri's may very well be the first HC workout I do. I have to do upper body this weekend, so I may be pulling this one out first (my DVD's are out for delivery today). The dilemma is, I also need to work shoulders, back, and bi's...and come Monday morning, will I be able to lift my arms from doing both upper body GS workouts? We'll see.

It's going to be a really busy workout weekend for me! PLB, GS (both upper body workouts), and two cardio routines (undecided at this time). I'm sweating already.

That is a tough weekend you have planned. My first HC workout was Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. I really liked it also. My entire back felt completely worked, and my biceps were sore for 2 days. My shoulders were not sore at all, but I need to lift heavier next time and I need to get used to the band work. The band work for triceps was a fryer, I couldn't even finish all of it as I was starting to cramp up.

I did this workout yesterday (Sunday). My triceps and pectorals are sooo sore! I haven't had DOMS in months and months ~ this is coming after a one month rotation of S&H also. I could do all the push-ups and the first set of presses using 20lbs, but then dropped to 15's for the remainder of the workout. For overhead tricep presses Cathe uses 25lbs., where I could barley use a 12 pounder. This is a very effective workout.
Susan C.M.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6571124&uid=3217618&members=1

I did this one today (monday) and i am SORE!!!!!! As I started the push ups i was thinking, this isn't so bad...HA HA HA HA Barely made it through the last set, and that was alternating sets on toes and knees.

Going to attempt Back, Biceps and Shoulders probably Wednesday, if my muscles are not still screaming....

:) kelli

I did this one on Saturday morning. It was tough enough to keep me from doing the GS Back, Shoulders, and Bi's like I had wanted, but by the time DOMS set in full bore yesterday late afternoon, I wasn't too upset that I hadn't done the back, shoulders, and bi's. My triceps were super sore!!! I also felt soreness in my anterior deltoids and upper pecs (from the inclines, I'm sure), so I think this workout has the added bonus of enhancing other shoulder work. I also felt it a little in my upper lats. Not sure how that happened, but I was recruiting a lot of muscles to get through this workout!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

PUB used to be my favorite for upper body...but I think I've found a new favorite: the GS series! I'm so glad I bought the Hard Core series!

I did this one this morning and I can't believe what an AWESOME workout I got. However, be careful when doing the drop set Push-Ups. There are 72 total pushups and I injured my neck/shoulder area doing these. I always try to push myself way too hard and then end up getting injured. I'm in some pain right now. Just listen to your body and take it easy on these. I was able to complete the workout, even through the pain, and I have to say this is the BEST weight training workout I have done in a long time!
Debbie in OH

I did the TS last night with a core segment- I did fewer pushups, but I was on my knees by the time we had to do the 2/2 count ones.
I really liked the pace of the workouts. I just bought 20# dumbbells today, not that I will be able to use them through the whole chest portion like Cathe does, but something to aim towards.
Excellent workout.
I am going to do do all of the GS this week. Tomarrow is back, biceps, triceps.

I think I'll be doing back, shoulders, and biceps tomorrow, too. But I'm torn because I'm in a high cardio rotation and I should be doing cardio. Is there a timesaver on GS:BSB? I haven't even looked, but I bet there is. If so, maybe I'll do that and some cardio tomorrow, then do the whole GS:BSB over the weekend.

What a great series this is!

I'm so glad to hear that everyone else is thinking this is a TOUGH workout. I did it this morning and all I can say is WOW. I'm so humbled by this workout. I couldn't keep up with Cathe in the weight or the reps. I pride myself on having a very strong chest and triceps. OH MY -- this workout ROCKS!

Shonie

I was very worried when buying this one on pre-sale... my two least favorite body parts on the same DVD! I thought for sure "this is one I will never get around to doing". I have to say after just completing this, that it is tough! I really liked the use of the band and I know I will be feeling this for days.
Tracy

I can't beleive this workout ! I am so happy ! I am 41 yr old male diehard Cathe fan & I have never been satisfied with her chestwork except in Slow & Heavy & now Gym Style the ultimate chest workout of all time!I am now in pectoral heaven & I will finally get that developed chest like the male models in Mens'Fitness.Thank you Cathe & to all you male video trainers - get this video this is how it is done
I can't believe Cathe's weight.I was only slightly higher & was matched during the tricep work & my form was shaky & I had to do one pushup on my knees.
I am still high from doing this workout this morning.I am obsessed & dreaming of it again.I must complete all the pushups on my toes
Take care
Ki

OMG!!!! My chest & triceps were on fire. I did this workout yesterday and I am feeling it today. This workout really takes it up a notch.

Just did this one last night. Impressive. Push ups are my weakness (I just can't do them - I think it's my shoulders) so that area was pathetic for me, but the rest rocked. It's amazing how just changing up the pace of an exercise shocks your muscles (i.e. 6 down 1 up, 1 down 6 up, etc). I'm just getting back in to shape after a LONG time away, so my weights are low, but I'm sure I will see very fast results with this series. I'm thinking of buying some of the Gym Styles for my father for Father's Day!!

i really like the gym style workouts! i don't like 2-day splits.. so i did both upper bodies on monday since i had the time... GREAT workout and i had DOMS! i haven't had those for MONTHS! i did legs on tuesday and same thing! DOMS (but not as bad as upper body!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I did this workout this morning and my muscles were shaking so much! I couldn't match her weights in this one and I had to use 5 pounders on a few of the exercises.

I did GS: BSB yesterday. I am loving this series!

Tammy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.