GS Legs vs Legs and Glutes

mabdoo

Cathlete
I have done the FitTv version of Legs and Glutes and I like it. How different is GS Legs from that? I can't do anything from fit tv anymore unless I do it at exactly 11 am because I don't have a DVR in my basement. Anyway, I like L & G but don't like doing kickboxing so I don't know if I really want to buy it but I would consider buying GS Legs. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Well, they are different but both excellent! I think GS Legs has given me incredible results- it is more a traditional gym style workout- lots of squats, deadlifts, lunges. It also has an excellent floor work section at the end. I tend to think of L&G as a bit easier- more of an endurance workout with lighter weights. I use them both, though. These are actually my two favorite leg workouts of Cathe's (well, except for STS). Anyway, don't hesitate to get Gym Styles- you will love what it does for your legs. I am a huge fan of all of the GS series! HTH.

I agree that Legs & Glutes is a bit of an endurance workout. It has the plyo scissors in it. GS Legs doesn't have any cardio in it. L&G moves very quickly from one exercise to the next making it feel like a circuit workout.

GS Legs uses the band for the floor work and it does work you good.

If you're short on time, L&G gives you a complete leg workout in 51 minutes. GSL has about 30 minutes standing work, 30 minutes floorwork and about 7 minute stretch.

With L&G, because it comes on the DVD with KPC, you have many more options with premixes. GS Legs only comes with two timesaver premixes.

Marcy

Gym style legs is one of my all time favorites. If you want strong legs. You have to own Gym Style Legs, Butts and Gutts, and Legs and Glutes. Each one really shapes your backside and works the core.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions. I do have Butts and Guts but do not like it. Actually my lower back does not like it. I can't do the lunges with my back leg on the step because I could pass out from the low back pain. I have modified it but then the 8 million squats seem to hurt it too.

I do have the upper body Gym Styles and love those so I guess I am going to get that one. Thanks again.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions. I do have Butts and Guts but do not like it. Actually my lower back does not like it. I can't do the lunges with my back leg on the step because I could pass out from the low back pain.

My feet do not like that lunges on the step. I just skipped it... it still gives me a good workout! Sometimes I sub it with wall squats.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.