GS Legs!

melimcn

Cathlete
Holy cow! I got this one for Christmas along with a few others. WOW!!!

I have been doing B&G in my rotations for awhile now, so I sort of figured that GSL might be a little *less hard*. I dare not say easy! :)

My butt was kicked before the end of the standing work. I could barely fight through the slow lunges! I couldn't even do some of the ball work. My balance is awful for the one legged squats with the ball.

Tell me this is one that will get easier with time? My legs are jello in such a great way!

I remember the first time I did GSL. During the stability ball floor work I kept stopping and staring at the TV:confused: There was no way I was doing all of that floor work :eek: Since then GSL floor work is my favorite floor work. Oh and don't get me started on slo mo lunges :p I actually break the sets up. I do two on the right, two on the left,... sort of a cheat but that's the way I get them all done :)

LOL!
It's so funny that you said that - I did the same thing! I was staring at the TV going "you want me to do WHAT?". Some of ball work I couldn't get the form down, so I need to go back and work on that to get it right before I can even think about trying to get through it all.
I'm putty!

Do the floor work by itself. It's tough to do after all that standing work with noodle legs:confused: If you start to cramp up stop, rest a bit and resume. The floor work in the GS works the posterior chain really well. And that's something that I personally think is lacking in a lot of videos.

I bought this at the road trip this year. I had been doing Butts n Gutts, PLB, and Legs and Glutes. I figured I had enough leg workouts, but then did Cathe's lower body class live and decided one more couldn't hurt. Needless to say, I thought I was in good shape, but um, boy was I wrong. I did GSL the Monday after the road trip and some of the words I yelled at Cathe during the workout were not mentionable in this forum ;-) The ball exercises were killer and the calf workout was just unbelievable first go-around.
I am proud to say it is now my favorite weight workout! And it has given me nice definition in the lower body! I love, love, love this workout! But the slo mo lunges really never get much better - they always hurt - :) but in a good way

I remember the first time I did GSL. During the stability ball floor work I kept stopping and staring at the TV:confused: There was no way I was doing all of that floor work :eek: Since then GSL floor work is my favorite floor work. Oh and don't get me started on slo mo lunges :p I actually break the sets up. I do two on the right, two on the left,... sort of a cheat but that's the way I get them all done :)

OMG Catherine - you are BRILLIANT! I struggle with slo mo lunges too, and just don't finish them - but never thought of doing two on left, two on right, etc. That is an awesome idea and I am going to try it next leg workout!

I still can't do the one legged roll-ins or whatever they are called... I don't have the balance to do it... so I just keep using two legs. LOVE GS Legs though!

OMG Catherine - you are BRILLIANT! I struggle with slo mo lunges too, and just don't finish them - but never thought of doing two on left, two on right, etc. That is an awesome idea and I am going to try it next leg workout!

I still can't do the one legged roll-ins or whatever they are called... I don't have the balance to do it... so I just keep using two legs. LOVE GS Legs though!

Yep, with the slo mo lunges I just do a quick leg switch. My body hates lactic acid :p So that breaks it up a little.

On the one legged roll ins really dig your heel in the ball on that one heel and pull back at the same time. Do one at first if you must and then use both legs. Keep this up and soon you'll be doing them all.

Well, this answered the question I was about to post LOL! I was wondering since I had Legs and Glutes did I need Gym Style Legs. I would guess a unanimous yes? If so, what would I pair with Legs and Glutes for upper body if I were doing a rotation?

Catherine, that is a great idea--I am going to try that next time with the slo-mo lunges.

There is no workout I have done that makes my legs rubbery like GS Legs! My calves kill me for about 2 days.

For me, I think GSL has the toughest calf segment of any Cathe workout. Slow & Heavy legs and 4DS LIS calves use dumbbells, but still nothing burns like the calves segment from GSL.

Also, I think the floor work in GSL is KILLER!!! Oh my gosh, those one legged ball roll-outs and glute raises slay me! I could not do them for what seemed like an eternity. But my butt must've gotten stronger because though they burn like crazy, I can still do them.

It is a goal of mine to one day complete the slow motion lunges without swearing.

Oh and don't get me started on slo mo lunges :p I actually break the sets up. I do two on the right, two on the left,... sort of a cheat but that's the way I get them all done :)

My slo mo lunge "cheat" is to stop after two and yell at Cathe that she's a sadistic bully. Then I do two more, yell some more, and if I'm feeling emotionally strong enough I yell at her through the last set as well. I'm not getting any stronger but am working through a lot of aggression.

My slo mo lunge "cheat" is to stop after two and yell at Cathe that she's a sadistic bully. Then I do two more, yell some more, and if I'm feeling emotionally strong enough I yell at her through the last set as well. I'm not getting any stronger but am working through a lot of aggression.

<laughing> I definitely have to remember this!

Hmmm. I've been wondering about the Gym Style workouts and whethering they are worth the investment given all the other upper body and lower body Cathe dvds that I have. This discussion has me thinking I need to add these to my wish list. Any comments on the GSC&T and GSBS&B? Thanks.

I did GSL today. I always alternate legs on the slo-mo lunges -and even then it takes gritting my teeth and swearing a lot before getting through them. As a rule, though, I have to say that I think Butts and Guts is harder - certainly the floor work is harder, IMHO.

I did GSL today. I always alternate legs on the slo-mo lunges -and even then it takes gritting my teeth and swearing a lot before getting through them. As a rule, though, I have to say that I think Butts and Guts is harder - certainly the floor work is harder, IMHO.

I have to agree with you there. Even though I love GS Legs, BG is the hardest for me to get through. In fact, I did BG today and some not so nice words came out of my mouth. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.