GS Leg Premixes

petramom

Cathlete
I'm looking for a breakdown of the two premixes on GS Legs. There's two of them, both called "Timesavers" - one is around 30 minutes and the other is around 40 minutes. Has anyone broken these down, or seen a breakdown?

I did the standing portion of GS Legs earlier this week, and today need to do legs again. I'm trying to decide whether I should do the standing portion again, the floor portion or one of the timesavers (which I'm assuming is some combination of the standing and floor). There's no way I can do all of GS Legs at one time.

Which actually brings up a second question -- how do you view standing leg work vs. floor leg work? I know some people don't do floor work at all.

Can't help you with the premixes, sorry. If I break up GS legs it's like you said either standing or lower or actually I have mix & matched also.
As far as standing vs floor work - for me personally (no expert opinion here) if I want to work legs on a "lighter" note I may do a day of just floor work. Not to say that floor work can't be tough but that's just how I do it. Maybe a day when I don't want to hold so much weight but still get a good leg wo in.

Have fun w/whatever you decide!:D

There is definitely room for both floor and standing work in your legs aresenal. Standing work, works the whole leg most of the time - it's very difficult to isolate a specific muscle group when weight bearing. That's one of the upsides to floorwork - it the ability to isolate. The famous "pizza press" from Cathe's workouts, based on EMG testing, is actually the most effective way to target your butt - when done properly, the butt is the only muscle activated in that exercise, and you can't do that with standing exercises, likes squats. It like to do floor work when I'm feeling a little tired or lazy - it's feel like it's easier, but when you do them right, floor exercises can be super-effective. I take advantage of the lightened weight to really mentally home in on the particular muscles worked and hyper-focus on form to get the most of each exercise. I've been able to be sore with very little weight as a result.

The 30 minute GSL premix is breaks down as follows:
Warm-up
Squats
1 set only forward lunges
2 sets backwards lunges
Inner thigh Squats 2 sets
Leg press with the band 2 sets
Deadlifts with 3lb weights as lifts 1 set
Calf work
Stretch

I typically do this one when I want to do a full body workout, but don't want to do something like Muscle Max or Muscle Endurance. I usually couple it with PUB up only portion and PUB abs (skipping the warm up and stretch in PUB because I do the GSL warm-up and stretch). It is probably about 70 minutes or so, just in case you are wondering..

Hope that helps.

Haven't done the 48 minute one, but I suspect it must have some floorwork in there.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.