Good Beginner Tape?

jbenninger

I would consider myself advanced in cardio and an intermediate in strength. I am currently a Firm user, however they do not offer much in the way of cardio work. What would be a good starter Cathe cardio tape?? I have read the steps can be a little difficult to follow and that is my big worry. Just a little uncoordinated! Thanks!!

I started with the wedding video -- it was a good intro to Cathe. Also MIC -- the step portion is pretty basic, but still very intense. Enjoy!

Hi - I've been a FIRM user for years too. I added Cathe tapes to my rotation because I need an advanced level and I'm loving her tapes! I'm seeing amazing results (increased muscle size is my goal). I would suggest Step Heat as a good basic intro to Cathe's step aerobics. Easy to learn but still a challenging workout. For strength, check out MIS. I love this total body weight tape. It's really kicked my strength training into high gear, so has her cardio tapes. Good luck!

Thank you both for the information. What do you all think of Maximum Intensity Cardio? Are the steps too difficult for someone new to Cathe? It seems like a long one, but it seems like you modify the length since it is broken down into sections.

Just out of curiosity, what Firm tapes do you use? Did you find Cathe's strength tapes to be more difficult than the Firm's? I would like to try some of hers but am afraid I am not quite up to that level in strength.

Hi. I too would recommend Step Heat as a good intro cardio tape and MIS as a good intro to Cathe's strength. I thought the hi/lo portion of MIC was easier to learn than the step portion of MIC. Another good one is Cardio Kicks which I feel adds a good variety of cardio styles on one tape without being too difficult to learn, however it uses the most space of Cathe's tapes so if you dont have much workout room this might not be the best choice. Welcome to the wonderful world of Cathe! Let us know what you decide and how you like them!

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.