Gauntlet ROCKED!

Boybert

Cathlete
This was the ultimate circuit training workout for me. I couldn't believe her going from BC cardio right back to Imax 2 cardio. I had to pause sometimes just to catch my breath. Gotta work up my endurance on this one to keep up with the switches. I am defintely feeling all warm and fuzzy all over! It went so fast though. I blinked and it was an hour already. TGIF girlies!

Debbie

ain't it GREAT! i LOVE LOVE LOVE the gauntlet!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Gauntlet is one my favorite circuit workouts! I did Viper today, and that's a close second.
Susan C.M.
Nothing should be jiggling, unless it's jiggling off. - Cathe in HSC

Hi! I'm just starting to make a collection of dvds, of the few I have is ME and BootCamp. How much harder is the Gauntlet than BootCamp? I keep hearing about it and I love this kind of training but I am almost afraid of it, LOL.
Thanks!
Skye

Wonderful! The Gauntlet is so much fun! Now that you mentioned it, I haven't done this one in a while...I might have to this weekend!

Jo

I love the Gauntlet too. Make sure you try Imax Extreme. I just tried it a few weeks ago and now I think I like that one best. My heart is a-thumpin' through it all. Like you said, the hour just passes by and before you know it you're done.

Okay, now I have to ask...since these are compilation's do you guys get bored with them? When I used to do THE FIRM vids and they started making compilation workouts I hated it so I have not gotten this CATHE DVD because I have the DVD's these workouts were cut from.

So, be honest...is it really challenging (mentally) or do you get that, "I wasted my money on this because I have these workouts already", sort of feeling?

I used to do the Firm videos and their compilations were just jumbles of the same stuff - all cardio, all abs, all upper body. The Terminator re-works parts of the Intensity Series workouts and takes them to a new, more intense dimension. For example, she'll take the IMAX Intervals and mix them up with weight work.

If you have all the workouts and a programmable DVD player with a multi-disc capability (I do not, but look up some of Aquajock's evil mish moshes if you want some ideas LOL!), you could make up these compilations yourself. I don't feel like I've wasted my money on the Terminator and Hardcore Extreme as I use them in addition to the DVDs that the workouts were taken from.

Yeah, I also don't want to mess w/ trying to do a mish mosh. I like when they are given to me!! I'm not the most savvy with it. I think it is a tad harder than bootcamp in that it is longer and it puts a lot of the super evil intervals (hehe..) back to back to back. Plus, it is very purposeful in how they put the intervals together. It rules! Not a waste of money at all.

Debbie

i, personally don't think the gauntlet is "harder" than bootcamp... it's on the same level... and they are very close running for #1 and #2 favorite workouts for me! (maybe even tied!)

the only "issue" is that the guantlet doesn't include abs.. so i have have to make sure i have time to include an abs workout.. or skip abs that day!

don't be afraid of it though.. it's a great and FUN workout!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Thanks everyone! I am on my merry way to buying another one soon and spending more money, UGH. Yah, I'll be broke but dam#@t I'll look good, LOL :D

I knew you would love the Gauntlet, Debbie. Viper is great too. As I said before, IMAX extreme is not one of my personal favorites. It is VERY long and tough on the knees. However, it might be your cup of tea. Try them all!

Gauntlet is one of my favorites! I have the entire Intensity Series and do not get bored or feel it is repititious. It kicked my arse this morning! Makes me sweat buckets! It is because of the way the segments are arranged. EXCELLENT workout...

I agree that Gauntlet is an awesome workout and definitely not harder than Bootcamp.

I must say that I purchased the Hardcore Extreme DVD at the roadtrip and it is the most incredible compilation ever!! I have only done the first two workouts on it so far--the first workout is a compilation of interval training (2 IMAX3 segments in a row) followed by circuit training (1 cycle of Highstep Challenge)--the best of all possible worlds and the 70 minutes flies by!

The 2nd workout combines low impact (lomax interval) with high impact (IMAX3) and then follows it up with the entire Kickmax intensity blast segment! It is such a killer--I love it!!!

You will not regret purchasing this video--it is fun, and such a challenge--and the music is awesome, too!!!

Dukechick

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.