Fun Suggestions for Teens? (beginner)

amy_b

Cathlete
Hi, guys-
I'm looking for some videos for my daughter. She desperately needs to exercise and has agreed to workout with me for 30 minutes 3 times per week to see if it helps her feel more energetic and healthy.
We have basic step/body fusion and high step circuit (as well as nearly all the other dvd's of Cathe's) but I think I need to start off with a high fun factor and not too complicated for the foot work.
What else have you found to be really fun, that a teen might like? A teen with 2 left feet!
I'm very serious about exercise and I'm afraid I will overwhelm her if I just use what I already have.
Thanks!
Amy

Hi Amy,

My sister has been using Cathe's kickbox workouts. She is 18 now and has been doing them since last year. She really likes KPC and does the premixes a lot of the time. She keeps her workouts around 30 min.

HTH
Aila

ah.. memories.. my daughter is now a freshamn at college - we use to work out together. Now she works out at the college gym (6.5 hrs away). When she was home over Christmas she did lots of Cathe. Her favorites were KPC, Kickbox, Bootcamp.

Enjoy working out together :)

Amy,

HI! My teenage daughter and her friends love kickboxing. Not to much thinking, fun and they feel tuff..

I do conditioning for the highschool soccer team and we do a 30 minute kickboxing routine before sprints and strength. They all seem to love it too..

Beverly

Thanks, I do remember, now that you mention it, she used to like Tae Bo. I bet she would like the kicking and punching drills. Thanks for reminding me!

Just one suggestion - I found out the hard way... If you are in better shape than your daughter it can be very frustrating for her - so just be sure to be VERY encouraging. I know it took me along time to do that. After all we all do like to hear good things.

It took me awhile to learn that and before I did we had VERY bad workout sessions. Anyhow just what worked for me.

Very cool she IMed me from college yesterday and tried squash for the first time and loved it :)

Let us know how it goes

Thanks, Robyn,
I am definitely in better shape than she is, and she is just starting to look overweight. My husband told me he thought the encouragement should come from me and not from him, so she won't think she has to look better to please her dad. She is actually just 13, but she looks like she is 17. Its not about looks for me, its about taking care of yourself and feeling energized.
Anyway, we are going to start with 30 minutes 3x week. Thanks for the reminder about being a cheerleader. Maybe I should do a motivation jar to go with it and deposit a dollar into each time she does a workout and then let her buy an item of clothing or something w/ the money.
Thanks-
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.