Which full body wt workout to get?

sharid

Cathlete
I am wanting to get another full body weight workout to use as part of my rotation when I am done with STS, and can't decide between SS/PP and PH/MIS/BM. I already have the Pyramids, MM and ME. ME is my favorite of the three, although I like them all. Are PH and MIS similar to ME, and if so are they too similar....I mean will I get bored because they are too much alike? Do you enjoy SS/PP, and if so, why? I am also not crazy about the out of style outfits and hair in MIS, but that is probably not something I should base my decision on. :) Opinions please! I am also going to get BM2, DM and HSC...can't wait!

PH is absolutely one of my favorites. I never get bored with it. I think it's quite different than MM or ME. I have SS/PP but don't find those nearly as challenging. If I do those, I do the double or triple premix.

Hope that helps,
Heather

I am wanting to get another full body weight workout to use as part of my rotation when I am done with STS, and can't decide between SS/PP and PH/MIS/BM. I already have the Pyramids, MM and ME. ME is my favorite of the three, although I like them all. Are PH and MIS similar to ME, and if so are they too similar....I mean will I get bored because they are too much alike? Do you enjoy SS/PP, and if so, why? I am also not crazy about the out of style outfits and hair in MIS, but that is probably not something I should base my decision on. :) Opinions please! I am also going to get BM2, DM and HSC...can't wait!

PH is a pure endurance workout (a tough one at that). MIS is a bit more traditional workout and sort of an endurance/strength hybrid. I haven't done BM in such a long time that I can't comment on it. In my opinion ME is sort of a cross between the two.

I personally I wouldn't find doing them in a rotation boring (unless I repeated the same thing too many weeks in a row). But I can't answer to whether or not you would get bored.

SS and PP are very different from the others and offer some more unique moves, but I don't find them as tough as PH or ME. Of course I may have been going too light on the weights. I recently discovered I have a tendency to do that. :D

So if you're looking for something very different go with SS and PP, if you're looking for tougher workouts go with PH/MIS/BM. JMHO

Thanks for your replies! But I still can't decide! I did a search on both DVD's and didn't find much on PH/MIS/BM, but there are a lot mixed posts about SS/PP. I guess I will think about it a bit more. I really like the high rep workouts like ME, but the ball work in PP looks fun too.....

PH is absolutely one of my favorites. I never get bored with it. I think it's quite different than MM or ME. I have SS/PP but don't find those nearly as challenging. If I do those, I do the double or triple premix.

Hope that helps,
Heather

I have both PP/SS and PH+ DVDs and PH is my all time favorite total body workout. I NEVER get tired of it and I am always reaching for it. I like to add in PP or SS for variety (did PP yesterday and SS today, actually!). MIS is a little dated for my taste, but it's a solid weight workout! Seems like people either love or hate it, but PH is really my most used workout in my collection.

This is totally a different instructor...but you may want to check out weight workouts by Kelley Coffey Meyer and Amy Bento as well to compliment your Cathe library.

I love Power Hour and Push and Pull. Not too crazy about Superset - in fact, since 2006, I have only used it ... like never! I find it too boring and it doesn't give me a burn.

Push/Pull, Power Hour are great workouts. My favourites, in fact, because of cardio/weights circuit are C&W from Intensity Series, BodyMax 2; Drill Max and Step Blast. The premixes are brilliant!

PS - I agree re Kelly Coffee Meyer. Amy Bento has some great workouts too - I just don't like "her" - not sure why.

Hope that helps,
Heather

Ditto!! :)

I LOVE HSC as a full-body workout. That one really kicks some b(&^!! I've used it at least once a week since January and have lost 16 lbs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.