Forgot how tough Pyramids are!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I did PLB Mon night as my 1st leg work out after STS, man was I huffin' and puffin' I put up some respectable wts, but my quads are still talking to me. I think I was just a tad too heavy on the lunges. I went 40/50/60 on lunges and the 60 was ROUGH. On the other hand, I used 50/60/70 for squats, and felt I could have gone at least 10lbs heavier per set, if not more. But my shoulders were getting tired from all the up and down. I will have to break out the weighted vest next time. I looked over at where it is hanging about the time I was done and thought "dang!" and "duh!" And all the ball roll outs on the hamstrings. Yow-ZA!!!!

Tonight I did PUB as my 1st upper since STS, and my arms are all ready saying mean things at me. I'm a bit scared of what morning will bring!! I had a hard time just brushing my teeth. My left arm seems a bit more tired than my right, which is odd bc it is my strong side. I think STS left me a little cocky with my weight selections. I tried for 15/20/25 on chest but the 25 wasn't happenin' I can do 25, just not after the 15 & 20! I pushed thru the rest with heavier wts than I used to use for this one, so I am happy about that, but MY GOODNESS!!! I forgot this one was so tough, and it moves fast, there is NO rest in this one. I struggle thru the prone ab work. My abs were good to go, but my arms were not wanting to hold me up. I did about half of that. I used to be able to do the whole thing. Once I adjust again, I should be fine. My arms were toast coming off the 10 million bicep curls.

Overall, on legs I tried to go 10lbs heavier on the 2 legs exercises, and 5 lbs heavier on the 1 leg (leg presses) than I did last time I did this one. And on upper I tried for 1 dumbbell increment higher on each. Most I was successful, some I wasn't (chest). Shoulders and tricep kickbacks I may need to move up another notch. Thanks, STS! So, now I know where to go with this one when I hit it again next week. I knew I loved this one, now I remember why. I still my fave part of this is the stretch at the end, when I just get to lay over the ball. Close your eyes.....ahhhhh! Snore zzzzzz........

Fri is B&G, haven't done that in sometime bc of STS, either. Hopefully I can walk this weekend:D

Nan

Crackin' up at your post Nan.:D I felt the same way when I broke out Power Hour and C&W this week after completing STS last week. I was cocky with my weight selections too. I had major DOMS after C&W on Saturday......I was really shocked the next day when my shoulders were so sore. Actually, come to think of it, phase 3 of STS didn't leave me with DOMS.....Hmmmmmmm. I know I went to failure with the exercises too.:confused:

Than I dragged out PH on Monday and boy was I shakin' and sweatin'! I upped my weights from what I had previously done and I was spent afterwards!! Maybe STS is just intended to give us a case of 'cocky' so that we really challenge ourselves with our old workouts.:eek: I've also started running more since I have gotten 'thick' in the legs with STS.:( I'm doing circuits and running to try to get the lower body back in check. Although, it'd probably help to get the eating more in check too....nah!:rolleyes:

I'll have to make sure I add PUB in for next week.....what a goodie! I always do the ab section first b/c I know my arms are fried at the end and just can't manage it. I also pulled out B&G but haven't decided which day that pain will be matched with.:p

Anyways.............feelin' your pain.

Angie

thanks for the report(s)! I'm in my third week of meso 3 now and I cannot wait to try some of my old favorites to see what they're like post-STS!

-Beth

We have the pyramids on tap for next week...DH and I are following Cathe's April 09 rotation. This week we have been doing the GS series. I, like you, can lift more but the workouts are a killer! :) We did the shoulder, back and biceps last night and YOUZA is right! I actually felt the extreme burn for 15 minutes after the stretch. :)

DH was surprised and said that it felt much harder than STS did. :) I laughed and said maybe because we are doing a bazillion more reps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.