Fit Prime Strong Bear

L Sass

Cathlete
Does anybody else have and love this workout? I know I read some things recently in this site about Fit Prime, but I'm wondering if anybody likes Tracie Long like I do. When she was with The Firm I thought she was far and away their best instructor. She recently opened her own studio in Charleston SC and has Susan Harris, Jen Carmen and a few other ex-firm leads with her. Studio is called V. But I'm new to Cathe (got intensity sries for xmas) and after 2+ weeks had to take a little break. I pulled out Strong Bear and re-realized how much I like it. Just curious.

I really like Tracie too, have all her new stuff. I tihnk Strong Bear was one of the best of the FitPrime set. It kills the inner thighs!

Do you have her new stuff from V? Last I checked she was waiting to launch it all, and she was looking for some financing, but that was a while ago. Anything that blows you away?

I have all the FitPrimes and think all of 'em are great...but Strong Bear really shines...I'm sure Tracie has a lot to do with that...she's one of my fave instructors also! I've got her stuff from the V, or TLP, and it's great...Core Strength and Core Cardio (both led by Tracie) are just fantastic workouts and both clock in at about 50 minutes. Core Strength uses the stability ball and light to heavier weights and Core Cardio uses a medicine ball, light tubing for a couple of exercises, and the step. They've both got a high fun factor and the music is great as well. Can't say good enough things about these! :)

Sounds as if I'll have to look into those. A friend of mine - also a fitness fanatic - called V shortly after it opened and asked for Tracie to call her back because she had some fitness questions. Tracie actually called her back 2 days later and they chatted for about 30 minutes. We're planning on heading south (we're in Ohio) to hit V and work out with Tracie and hoping to stop by and work out with Cathe on our return trip. Husbands of course think we're out of our minds. Thanks for the input!

I looked at these a while ago last year and it seemed to me low budget and kinda strange, anyone else think this?

I just ordered and received Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah from Fitprime. Haven't viewed or done the workouts yet. Will let you know my thoughts after I do them.

If you're interested in the TLP workouts, wait a little while. The originals are on DVD-R, but they are being remade, with bonus features, on regular DVD.

6 of the Fitprime workouts are being remade by Anna Benson, who is again teaming up with her sister (and the ex-husband of one of them? Mark Hendrickson) to make a series of workouts for the Women's Health Channel. 6 workouts will be new, but the other 6 will be remakes of the Fitprimes, with new leads, a new set, and some slight differences. I think Keli Roberts is going to be the lead for Strong Bear.

I've always liked Tracie, and believe that the Firm started going in a better direction with her input. I think that she probably contributed a lot to the Tortoise and Hare workouts from the Firm, which is the point where the choreography (though never difficult) started being more interesting.

Hi
I think SB is an excellent workout but something bugs me about it. The reps on the biceps don't match and the reps/different positioning on the floorlegs are off too. I think it's a tough excellent workout other than that defect. But that issue bothers me. I would wait for the remakes due out I think in February.

Hi all,

I ordered mine Strong Bear yesterday in cksales together with TLP's Functional Foundations(CS+CF) and can't wait to receive them.
As I am waiting for Hardcore series-I have mania to buying new workouts and trying new instructors-I didn't understand me but should I visit some doctor??:eek:
BTW I hope that this mania will stopped after receiving the new Hardcore DVDs.

Marketa Preisler

>Hi
>I think SB is an excellent workout but something bugs me about
>it. The reps on the biceps don't match and the reps/different
>positioning on the floorlegs are off too. I think it's a
>tough excellent workout other than that defect. But that issue
>bothers me. I would wait for the remakes due out I think in
>February.

I agree w/Karen. I didn't keep many FitPrimes, eps SB, for this reason, but I'm anxiously waiting for the remakes, because I think they'll recapture the old Firm magic. :)

Apryl

I LOVE Tracie Long but Strong Bear is the only FitPrime that I don't care for. I'm a big fan of Tracie in Fast Cheetah and Weights First. I also am a big fan of all the TLP's -- especially Core Cardio. I can't wait for her next batch of videos!:)

I LOVE Tracie Long but Strong Bear is the only FitPrime that I don't care for. I'm a big fan of Tracie in Fast Cheetah and Weights First. I also am a big fan of all the TLP's -- especially Core Cardio. I can't wait for her next batch of videos!:)

Hi Apryl!

Nice to "see" you on the board. Have you done any of Tracie's V workouts? How are they in comparison to Classic Firm in terms of difficulty?

Thanks!
Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.