Finally did Muscle Endurance.

PennStater

Cathlete
I have owned this DVD, no lie, for about 4 years. I've done Boot Camp a few times, but never tried ME.

I loved it!

I guess I need to try Muscle Max now, too :)

This is a good one, I just realized I have started missing my other Cathe weight workouts, I just finished up STS, so it's been almost 4 months since I've done any others. I just read another thread about the BC/ME combo, that sounds like one I'll try when I can get back to working out.

ME seems to me like it's never going to end. :D Every time she prepares for leg presses, I think, "What? More?! Aren't we done with these?!!!!"

Two of my favorites!

I have owned this DVD, no lie, for about 4 years. I've done Boot Camp a few times, but never tried ME.

I loved it!

I guess I need to try Muscle Max now, too :)

Before I started STS, Muscle Max and Muscle Endurance were regular workouts for me -- they're both great!

Glad you enjoyed it!

ME seems to me like it's never going to end. :D Every time she prepares for leg presses, I think, "What? More?! Aren't we done with these?!!!!"

I agree. I really like this workout, except for all the leg presses. So, I avoid it. I feel like I am cheating if I skip some of the presses which is ridiculous. Melissa

I agree. I really like this workout, except for all the leg presses. So, I avoid it. I feel like I am cheating if I skip some of the presses which is ridiculous. Melissa

I *did* tire of the leg presses, but liked everything else! Since I'm pregnant, I felt free to modify a bit ;) I stopped using the weight plate after the first set.

Next time, I might put in some of the staggered (or is it split?) lunges -- when you step off the side of the high step and then push yourself back up.

ME and MM are both favorites of mine! I used to do the lower body premix quite a bit which really killed me! (But in a good way!)

ME really gets you fit. I agree those leg presses never end, but the low end lunges really kill me more.

I dont have either of those workouts (ME or MM). Can, please, someone explain in what way they differ, and if I should get them both?
Thanks in advance!
Krasy

I dont have either of those workouts (ME or MM). Can, please, someone explain in what way they differ, and if I should get them both?
Thanks in advance!
Krasy

i don't have MM. ME is an endurance workout, so it moves at a good pace, uses lighter weights and has an aerobic quality to it. The workout has 3 sets of leg presses with a variety of other weight exercises in between. Each set of leg presses contain 16 reps on each leg, then another set of 12 immediately following. an excellent ab routine is at the end. it's a tough routine, but very effective at toning your body.

ME really gets you fit. I agree those leg presses never end, but the low end lunges really kill me more.

I soooo agree. the lunges kill me. by the time she gets to the low-ends my legs are shaking so much, I feel as though they will give out, lol. I do them with light dumbells. Cannot imagine using the barbell for them.

Kristin

i don't have MM. ME is an endurance workout, so it moves at a good pace, uses lighter weights and has an aerobic quality to it. The workout has 3 sets of leg presses with a variety of other weight exercises in between. Each set of leg presses contain 16 reps on each leg, then another set of 12 immediately following. an excellent ab routine is at the end. it's a tough routine, but very effective at toning your body.
So then, can it be compared to Drill Max, for example?

sorry, i don't have drill max, so i can't help you there. i'm betting ME is more difficult though.

I LOVE the glute raises in ME. Those go right to the glutes and hamstrings and do not hurt my knees. I usually skip the lunges and leg presses and do the floor work from Butts and Guts instead. It's a very knee-friendly thing (I also do the firewalkers in Butts and Guts, which I love).

Thanks in advance!
Krasy

MM is similar to ME in that it's a full body strength training video but it uses a resistance band as well as weights. i actually think this one is tougher than ME. it has leg presses too but these are way harder IMO because youre using the resistance of the band when you step up...my legs are shaking every time!!

i have both because the specific exercises are different, plus using the band works your muscles differently than barbells/dumbells would.

It is, for me, the toughest full body weight routine of Cathe's. I love it!! Never gets easier!! So glad you found it!!

sorry, i don't have drill max, so i can't help you there. i'm betting ME is more difficult though.

To me Drill Max is Cathe's hardest DVD, but ME is tough. One of my favorites. Drill Max has cardio blasts so they are sorta two totally different workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.