Favourite Cathe Premix

CeciFifi

Cathlete
Searching through video and DVD questions, I stumbled upon a reccommendation for a great premix - 4DS Legs + Bootcamp + 4DS Bootcamp + kickboxing. I loved them both! I also love the double hiit + bootcamp on Cathe's intensity dvd.

Does anyone have a favourite premix they might recommend? I don't tend to do premixes and would love some ideas.

I love Body Max 2 because of the premixes:

#1 Cardio & Weights - 70 1/2 min.
#2 Boot Camp - 78 min.
#3 Double Upper Body - 72 min.
#4 Cardio Blast - 62 min.
#5 Scrambled Eggs - 80 min.
#6 Timesaver Cardio Only - 43 min.

This one DVD has just about everything packed into it! Music is great also :D

Lisa

I'm a big fan of the Body Max 2 premixes, too. I make good use of Cathe's premixes--there are so many I love. I use a lot of them on 4DS, CF, & TTM. Super Sets and Push Pull--the longer premixes in these two make intermediate workouts advanced. Pyramid total body premix, ME/BC premix (love this one!), Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast, then of course all of the LIS premixes--the extreme premixes are my favorite. And I am making good use of Xtrain's premixes--especially the extremes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out Bodymax 2 premixes. I am not sure about extreme premixes. Those just might kill me. :eek:

Through recommendations on here, I tried LIS - low impact challenge premix 5 - it includes athletic type step + the step segment from cardio supersets. It's awesome and clocks in at 40 minutes. nothing dancey.

I like the Athletic Step Extreme premix on the Athletic Training disk in the Low Impact Series (not to be confused with the Athletic Step workout in the Shock Cardio series). The 7+ minute cardio segment is repeated, and getting through both of these segments without pausing is a challenge that I've accomplished only a couple of times out of countless attempts because the pace is so fast. It involves straightforward moves without complex choreography. Cathe says something to the effect of "breaking through a plateau" and I believe it. I haven't done the extreme premixes for other cardio programs in the Low Impact Series because I enjoy the full workouts and they're plenty challenging.

I'm a big fan of the Body Max 2 premixes, too. I make good use of Cathe's premixes--there are so many I love. I use a lot of them on 4DS, CF, & TTM. Super Sets and Push Pull--the longer premixes in these two make intermediate workouts advanced. Pyramid total body premix, ME/BC premix (love this one!), Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast, then of course all of the LIS premixes--the extreme premixes are my favorite. And I am making good use of Xtrain's premixes--especially the extremes.

Which ME/BC premix do you use? Is there one that combines both workouts? I'd like to try that one. Thanks!

Yes--I didn't know it was on the DVD until someone mentioned it on this forum. It's like the Pyramids premix--it's not obvious and she doesn't mention it in her workout descriptions. On the DVD it is at the very bottom of the screen and it's called "bonus combo." I love it. If you love those two workouts and that bonus combo in particular, you have to get Terminator. I LOVE those workouts. Long tough "premixes" that put all the workouts in that series together in new and fun ways.

Hiit Premixes

I must admit up to a year I had been mainly working out full program.
I now decided to thoroughly explore premixes.

So far Double Hiit from INTENSITY and all premixes from Cross fire and To the max ( i love the 30/20 Hiit premix ) are my favourite. I can sense the XTRAIN ones being my favourite in future too.

Hiit High, low and/or multiple impact (depending on ability) are the way to go!

All the best everyone,

Yes--I didn't know it was on the DVD until someone mentioned it on this forum. It's like the Pyramids premix--it's not obvious and she doesn't mention it in her workout descriptions. On the DVD it is at the very bottom of the screen and it's called "bonus combo." I love it. If you love those two workouts and that bonus combo in particular, you have to get Terminator. I LOVE those workouts. Long tough "premixes" that put all the workouts in that series together in new and fun ways.

Wow, I never would have known if you hadn't told me about this gem. Thanks so much! I have Terminator, but have not even looked at the premixes. Which of the premixes do you recommend? I've got a lot of treats in store for me! Thanks again.

Sorry, I worded that wrong. There are no additional premixes on Terminator--that's what the Terminator workouts are tho. 3 long compilation workouts, which is similar to what premixes are--compiling workout segments in new and different ways.

Anyway it's hard to pick which Terminator workout I love the best. I adore them all. But I guess The Gauntlet is my favorite.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Athletic Training Extreme recommendation. I did it this morning. That is tough. I checked out the BM2 premixes. They look good too. I'm gonna try to do one in the coming weeks. And, thanks for the reminder about tabata/hiit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.