Favorite Cathe ab workouts?

workout junkie

Cathlete
Just wondering what everyone's favorite ab workouts are.

I love the ones on CoreMax and Butts & Guts. When I want something shorter, I like the one from Power Hour and Muscle Max. I think I like either the one from LIC or BM2, but it's been awhile so I can't remember which one I really liked. The one on MIS kills my neck, so many crunches...

I also like both of the ab workouts on Butts and Guts!

I often use the one from Cardio and Weights -- love it! Great mix of crunches, pilates moves, and planks. Also, Step, Jump and Pump is really good -- a nice bicycle sequence. Slow and Heavy has a good one too, a nice set of jack knifes. PUB and KPC have great stability wall ab work.

I think Cathe needs an Ab Hits 2 and 3!

Well, that figures that of all the Cathe DVDs I have, I don't have C&W or SJ&P. :( Your description of the C&W one sounds just like the type of ab workout I'd love. I don't do step much, so I didn't get those DVDs. I'd love if she came out with an Ab Hits 2 and 3 with those ab routines on it!

Have you tried the latest one - Ab Circuits? Am thinking about that one, but haven't heard much about it. Have been MIA for awhile...

My favorite is Boot Camp (the original) Core Only premix. I like doing it TWICE .....it gets ya good! :)

Gayle

I'm right there with ya, Gayle!

I also love LIC abs - not so much BM2 though (don't like balancing snow angels much)

Oh yeah - I forgot about Boot Camp, I like that one too. Thanks for reminding me!

ETA: It must've been LIC that I liked, because I don't think I liked those snow angels much! lol

Last edited:
My absolute favorite is the ab section from SP&J. I used that exclusively for a couple of weeks and saw good results.

Nah, don't get SJP just for the ab work. Any video will do - she usually hits the same parts one way or another! Seriously.

I love Butts and Guts but another great one that's shorter is the abs on ME! It's excellent and tough!

CoreMax with teh med ball. Love adding weight to core work. I am also loving the STS abs. Med ball there too & the partner one. It makes it so much fun!

Yeah, I wouldn't get SJP just for the ab workout (unless I had money to burn, then I would!).

I do also like both ME and BC abwork; ME has a good bicycle sequence as well, BC has fun elbow plank work. I don't like using a lot of weight for ab work, so I use a lighter ball than Cathe does on these.

I love working abs, though I prefer oblique and lower ab focus to upper ab focus.

I love the ab work on ME and BC. How is the STS abs? anyone have that one? I don't have STS, I just started doing Cathe a little less than a year ago and I am slowly adding to my collection. Those who have it, do you do all the different workouts on it or are some better than others?

I love the ab work on ME and BC. How is the STS abs? anyone have that one? I don't have STS, I just started doing Cathe a little less than a year ago and I am slowly adding to my collection. Those who have it, do you do all the different workouts on it or are some better than others?

Ab circuits from STS has a lot of new things on it that I haven't seen her do before...it is pretty good. I haven't done all 7 routines yet though...

Thanks for the input everyone. :) I was so exhausted after work yesterday that I didn't end up running or working my abs. Tonight though, no excuses. Still haven't decided which I'm going to do. Probably either LIC or BC.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.