Ever get bored ?.........don't get me wrong..... I LOVE CATHE!

Gyggles1

Cathlete
OK I am somewhat new to cathe since November & I LOVE her so far and not bored at all.....but I am wondering with like everything else, do you think I or has anyone else started out loving her then bored or not into her anymore ?

I have alot of the FIRM tapes and to be honest they've been on the back burner since Ive found Cathe. I am thinking about selling some of my Firms off but not sure if I will reach a "bored" point w/ Cathe. I guess I could keep my firms for a boredom buster but then again if I sell them I can buy more Cathe

Also I am not sure what else to order, some of her tapes look alot alike, here is what I have
Rythmic Step
Step Blast
SJ&P
KP&C
Cardio Kicks
BootCamp
Circuit Max
Push & Pull

So to me Circuit max reminds me of cardio & weights for example, maybe Im wrong all Ive seen is a clip of C&W.
Thanks,
Laura
Laura =)
251.5/135.2/141

Hi Laura,

First I want to say that although the concept of C&W and Circuit Max are similar, Circuit Max is 10,000 times harder than Cardio and Weights, which makes me sad since I have to go do CMax in a few minutes here :-( I'd rather do C&W, but one must vary one's intensities, right? ;-)

Secondly, I have been doing Cathe workouts for about 5 years now, and I must say that I haven't ever been bored. Her workouts are always so complete and polished and thorough, that I hardly ever do workouts by other instructors, because they just pale in comparison. Now, I don't think Cathe is perfect, but I must say she's as close as I've found in the fitness video world!

I will say that often Cathe's choreography isn't challenging enough for me, and for that I have Christi Taylor's wonderful collection! So maybe in that respect I get bored, but Cathe is the only instructor I can do at least 3 times a week and never get tired of!

:)

Hi Laura,

I have been doing Cathe for almost 2 years and I'm not bored yet. I try to stick to rotations and find that when I change the rotation of my workouts or do a workout I haven't done in a while it is hard again. It's not like the first time I do a workout but it is nice to remember how tough a workout is or how much it targets a specific area. Also, if you have her DVD's you know the premixes alone shake things up not to mention how many workouts you can create yourself! Anyhoo...we're all different and I'm sure others have gotten bored but I have not done a Firm workout since I discovered Cathe. I tried Kari Andeson's Hot Steps once after I started doing Cathe and I just couldn't get into her. Enjoy!
Angela:7
Edited to add: I would definitely get Imax 2 for a tough and fun interval workout(the original Imax is more difficult but one you may want to get also), Muscle Endurance, and Pyramid Upper Body, and Pyramid Lower Body to finish off the Intensity series. I do enjoy Cardio & Weights, especially good ab section in my opinion.

I love my Cathe workouts and have never been bored with them because she always presents me with a challenge. However, i need variety, so there are other workouts that I have for days when I have less energy or just need a change. There are a lot of favorites that I have from Cathe, but they are many of them because the workouts vary. I love Circuitmax because it is tough but so much fun and I love Stepfit because its just an awesome step workout. The new Bodyblasts are a lot of fun too and I LOVE Step Jump and Pump!! So anyways, just my comments.

Hi Laura, I never ever gotten bored yet with Cathe and been working out with her videos a little over a year now. Its weird I always did work out riding bikes, running, going to the gym, doing weights with no videos, ect., and got bored real quick but with Cathe it is fun and of course I have every video.

Hi Laura!

I've been a Cathe-ite since 1996, and almost never use any of my other tapes anymore. Once in a blue moon (like, literally, twice a year) I'll do Gin Miller's Intense Moves or Karen Voight's Energy Sprint or Great Weighted Workout. Oh, or Kari Anderson's Angles Lines & Curves. But 99.9% of the time it's a Cathe tape. I have to say I have never gotten bored with Cathe and don't think I will. Even when I decide on a whim to pull out one of those other tapes, it's not because I'm bored with Cathe, it's just because one of them will catch my eye and who knows, I have a hormone surge or something. :)

Now, I DO sometimes just get bored with working out, generally. Those are tough spells to pull through. But it's never Cathe's fault. She's the best, in my book.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Hi,

I've only done Cathe workouts for a few months now, but since I got them, I really haven't done much else (like Kathy S., I'll occasionally get myself to do Gin Miller's Intense moves or a Karen Voight tape, but it's more like I do them because I THINK I should vary instructors sometimes...). I really think Cathe has an amazing selection to choose from with lots of variety. At least at this point I don't really think I'll get bored with Cathe. Of course, there might be times when I get tired of working out for a few days or even weeks in general, but I don't think it'll be because of Cathe.

Maria S

Yeah I get bored.No matter how much I love my Cathe tapes,sometimes I look at them and I just screw up my nose.I am not in the mood to do any of them and then i know that it is time to spend some money.Then I buy new tapes(that aren't cathe b/c I own them all)then I don't do them,get out of my rut and go back to Cathe:) Its just a vicious cycle.But she has kept me pretty happy lately,especially when she puts out 2 new series in one year:) I may get into ruts but I am always into her workouts.Its me,not the workouts.I just don't feel like doing anyhing.
C&W is not as tough as circuit max but it is a awesome workout.
Body Max is a older workout....but VERY hard.This one would keep you going for a while.
OH my...you don't have any of the Interval Max workouts! You HAVE to get IMAX2.That one is my favorite.I love everything about it and it is really hard to.
If your into DVDS the Termiator DVd is awesome.
Hope I helped.There are still alot of choices out there for you.NO need to get bored yet:)
Lori

Like these other ladies, I do Cathe tapes exclusivly, except for Powerstrike.

BUT, I will say that I think it is video "burnout" more than it is Cathe boredom. I find that when I go through these phases (like now), that I have to get outside. I go run, hike, bike..... try to mix it up. Cathe has great variety and while I don't get "bored", I get tired of being indoors and doing the same workouts.

Recently, I got a M51 Heart Rate Monitor to help with lagging motivation. Maybe I will be more excited to do my Cathe's when I find out how many calories they burn!:) Today, in 70 degree weather in Phoenix, I am running and hiking. I have incorporated running back in, since we are going into spring. I should have done it all winter. Usually, I try to only use my Cathe cardios during summer here, since I work out at noon and you really can't go outside. This year, I kept doing Cathe's and I think that is why I am so burnt out right now.

If you have nice weather, get outside!! A little sunshine can do wonders!!

Janice

I get burnout too, from doing too much Cathe for long stretches. I also am more prone to achy joints if I do hi-impact a lot. Of course, I'm 40 and have been working out for 20 years so that could have something to do with it! I love Cathe more than any instructor and with the DVD's the possibilities are endless because I can make it as hard or as easy as I like. However, I do find myself reaching for other instructors from time to time and sometimes I even throw in a non-Cathe rotation. It's nice to add variety, and it also makes me appreciate Cathe's top quality workouts when I go back to them after a few weeks off!:)

Hi Laura, I'm a former "Firm Believer" myself, and I found it took me literally years to get bored with them. I'm not so sure it was a question of being bored as much as it was a question of needing something much more challenging. That's why I'm so glad I found Cathe!! I understand what you're asking though. I'm the type of person who is easily bored, and that's why I don't follow set rotations, but instead make up my own and change things around every month. I occasionally will still throw in an old favorite Firm, just to change things up a bit. I'm hoping I never grow bored with Cathe, but I know the reality is I will always need to find different workouts to do. Hopefully she'll keep making them!! That way I'll always have old favorite Cathe workouts to return to, as well as a few favorite old Firms.

Carol
:)

Hi Laura!

I've been working out with Cathe videos since at least 1994. I have then all except for those first couple when she started. I do like Circuit Max. Don't do it as much as I should because I'm so caught up in the last two series she has put out. But its one of my favorite older tapes...makes me sweat real good!

As far as getting bored, for me there are just too many ways to mix up her workouts and with all the premixes, I feel I'm getting a new workout. The firms haven't been touched in probably four years (really need to sell those), have some Gin Millers, Karen Voight, and Kari Anderson and I think the last one of those I did was two years ago was the Gin Miller Intense Moves. I used to do Kathy Smiths' Timesaver Lift Weight to Lose Weight before doing Cathes' weight tapes and just can't do Kathy Smiths anymore even though its not a bad tape....just too easy and not put together as nicely as Cathes'.

I'm sure some people might get bored with her, but for me as long as she keeps putting out new series, I seem to have problems fitting in all the older DVDs into my rotation of new ones.
;)

~~Sami

I get bored with everything, which is one reason why I have a huge workout video/DVD collection. Though I use mostly Cathe for my resistance work, I still like to mix things up from time to time, and sometimes it's good to take a break from any instructor. I find that when I come back to Cathe, I feel fresh and re-challenged.

Just wanted to say that I have been using Cathe workouts for about 5 years and I am not bored with her at all.

Joanne

Laura,

I agree with Janice and the others who describe it more as a burnout versus being bored. I get that quite a bit and I just simply switch to some other videos for a while and then when I'me ready for a more intense workout I switch back to Cathe.

So here's what I would do. Keep your most favorite Firms so that when there comes a time when you are burned out, you can do those for a while and when you're ready go back to Cathe. I have a few Firms and FitPrimes specifically for this reason and some other workouts as well. Also like Janice said just getting outdoors can do wonders or if you have access to a gym go there for a while.

Good luck!
Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.