Which DVD should I get Crosstrain Xpress or Timesaver from the Bodyblast series?

Czechfan

Cathlete
Hi :)

I've been looking for a fun circuit type workout that I can do and customize on my non STS day. I've reviewed the DVD clips of CrossTrain Xpress and liked it very much, but was a little put off by the price. I do already own 4DS cardio & weights DVD. I like that and do use it. I have Terminator, love that one, and I just ordered Hardcore Extreme for when I really want a challenge. I was curious about Body Blast series Timesaver, in its description it says its been patterned after Crosstrain Xpress series. I was wondering which of those is the best? I do realize that Crosstrain Xpress workouts are around an hour in length. I also realize that Timesaver is designed to be approx. 38-50 min per workout. So, I guess I'm asking which of these is the best value for the price? On the Timesaver one can you select more than one of the cardio sections, add a weight section for one part then add on a ab section? Will the workout blender allow you to do that and press play, playing them in that order without having to stop to select each one as in the chapters?

I really appreciate the info and opinions on this. Thanks in advance!:D

Hugs!

Nora

Hi :)

I've been looking for a fun circuit type workout that I can do and customize on my non STS day. I've reviewed the DVD clips of CrossTrain Xpress and liked it very much, but was a little put off by the price. I do already own 4DS cardio & weights DVD. I like that and do use it. I have Terminator, love that one, and I just ordered Hardcore Extreme for when I really want a challenge. I was curious about Body Blast series Timesaver, in its description it says its been patterned after Crosstrain Xpress series. I was wondering which of those is the best? I do realize that Crosstrain Xpress workouts are around an hour in length. I also realize that Timesaver is designed to be approx. 38-50 min per workout. So, I guess I'm asking which of these is the best value for the price? On the Timesaver one can you select more than one of the cardio sections, add a weight section for one part then add on a ab section? Will the workout blender allow you to do that and press play, playing them in that order without having to stop to select each one as in the chapters?

I really appreciate the info and opinions on this. Thanks in advance!:D

Hugs!

Nora

I was curious about Body Blast series Timesaver, in its description it says its been patterned after Crosstrain Xpress series. I was wondering which of those is the best? I like the Crosstrain Xpress better as I usually don't do the shorter workouts on the Timesaver.

I do realize that Crosstrain Xpress workouts are around an hour in length. I also realize that Timesaver is designed to be approx. 38-50 min per workout. So, I guess I'm asking which of these is the best value for the price? I think the Crosstrain is the way to go, but not if you have very limited time to commit to training. If you only have 30-40 minutes per day, you can get what you need from the Timesaver. Timesaver was one of my first Cathe DVDs and I rarely use it unless to add on extra cardio (10-15 min).

On the Timesaver one can you select more than one of the cardio sections, add a weight section for one part then add on a ab section? You can mix and match anything on the Timesaver DVD.

Will the workout blender allow you to do that and press play, playing them in that order without having to stop to select each one as in the chapters? I don't use the Workout Blender. I just pick chapers.

Hi:) Icobb2,

I really appreciate your opinion on this. I tend to opt for longer workouts. I think I'm definitely leaning toward the Crosstrain Xpress, I like the variety from what I've read about it at cathe.com and think it would be a nice compliment for non-STS days workout.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this!:D

Hugs!

Nora

Hi Nora,

I don't have Timesaver but I have Crosstrain X-press. I expected a lot from this DVD but I was a little disapointed. I don't pull it out very often. The problem that I have is that I don't find that the cardio is intense enough for me. I prefer to use an 6" step and I don't find the workouts in X-train as instense as in Hardcore Extreme, the Terminator, BM2, etc. Maybe with an 8" step, you would find it intense enough. As for the Hi/Lo and Kickbox, I do not find the choreography as fun and challenging as in more recent DVDs.

Nathalie

I have Timesaver and Cross Train Express. I rarely use Timesaver because the workout lengths are a little shorter than I like. In contrast, I love cross train express and would highly recommend it. The step and kickbox routines are great and very diverse. You really pour sweat for the 30 minutes of cardio and the weight work backs a major punch. Leaner legs is also a great workout--you will feel it for days.

Hi MDolphiniReed,

Thanks for your opinion. I just wanted to ask you guys to get some consensus. I am still mulling over what to do and which one to buy. LOL!! I guess I just needed a enabling push.:p

Hugs!

Nora

I like Timesaver b/c the choreography is more modern. Maybe it's b/c I did CTX Xpress so much? The workouts are shorter,...but that is the point. :)

Hi Melanalyus:D

Thanks for your input. I have all the other bodyblast series but the Timesaver. I appreciate your advice and opinions on this. On the Timesaver DVD can you use the workout blender to put together a couple of cardio sections then add the weights? I've never used the workout blender before, so I don't know if you can select what sections of the DVD you want to workout with for that day, and then have it play them in the order you selected? I just wanted to know if it could do that or not?

Thanks for you advice.

Hugs!

Nora

I would go with CTX. I don't have timesaver but if you have all the body blast series it seems somewhat of a waste. CTX is not Hardcore Extreme or Terminator - please be aware of that! It is a 6 day split and meant for people who want their workouts in under or just at an hour. I recently purchased it (mostly b/c Cathe uses leaner legs SO much in her rotations) and I think it's worth it. I'll use it but probably not in the split it is intended for.

Hope this helps!
angie

Hi Angie:D

Thanks for your opinions and comments. I've been really stuck on the fence about this. I guess because of the cost of Crosstrain Xpress vs. Timesaver. I do have all the other Bodyblast series. I've been concerned that Timesaver might really seem redundant since I have all the others its compiled from.

I think your right it would be a waste of money to get that since I have the others. I'll just have to save up for Crosstrain Xpress, it does have a nice variety and I know I don't own it or any configuration of that one. I've read that it has 44 chapters to mix and match, wow! that's something. That definitely makes it new and versatile and a DVD that could be used for long time to come.

I definitely appreciate being able to ask about this and get others opinions, it definitely helps me to decide. I will just have to save up for Crosstrain Xpress. I guess if people are still loving it and using it, its a proven winner!

Thanks again Angie;)

Hugs!

Nora

I got Crosstrain Xpress for Christmas and have done it once through. I also got all of Body Blast a month before that. I like the convenience of Timesaver but Crosstrain Xpress is more like buying all of Body Blast. It is a large set, on 2 DVDs (my only complaint is that the DVDs don't fit on the case well and mine arrived with scratches all over them - still playable though - I don't see how the situation could be fixed so I assumed an exchange would yield similar results). You are right about getting CTX. It is a better to save for... but, I do still see value in Timesaver (mostly because I do have serious restrictions on my time and need something ready made and easy to just push play!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.