DVD owners and SNM video--question

kathryn

Cathlete
I did a marathon preview of all the new workouts on DVD yesterday, and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem I did: on the S&H chest/back DVD, when the routine changes over to back, the picture seems to pause (in the background), and the image flying in with Cathe's back intro shimmies for a second before the DVD goes on. I haven't had this problem with any of the other DVDs, and maybe it's just a little glitch that won't get worse or cause some kind of machine jam up in the future, but I just wanted to see if it happened to anyone else.

(Also, does anyone else find some of the menus a bit annoying to go through?(on one DVD, you can only go down through each "play workout" menu item before moving on to the "chapters" column. On another, it's the exact opposite--you can only move from "play workout" to "chapters" to "mix and match" before moving onto the next workout.)

RE: Layer Change

Depending on your DVD player, you will usaully get a slight freeze in your picture in going from layer 1 of the disc to layer 2. You will also see this in the 6th Interval of Intervalmax. Newer DVD players are starting to hit the market which use "read ahead memory" that eliminate this problem.

Here is a tip to help you with the menu screens. You have two buttons on your remote that can make things easier. The "Title" button will always bring you back to the "Main Menu" screen. However, on the Slow & Heavy series and Power Hour if you hit the "Menu"button it will bring you back to the chapter menu of the workout you are currently in.

RE: DVD owners

Hi Kathryn,

I noticed the exact same picture freeze between chest and back on one of my DVD players (the one I use in my workout area) but it didn't happen on my husband's Sony PS2 (Play Station) when I was previewing.

I also noticed the same menu glitch. For one of the DVDs, whether you press your up and down buttons or your left and right buttons to navigate through the menus, it will only take you up and down. On the second DVD, the buttons will only take you right and left.

Sharon

yep, same thing with the left/right--up/down thing. A bit annoying, but really, the convenience of having such an incredible selection of workouts outweighs the annoyance, don't you think?
:) Wendy

Yes, it's a minor inconvenience, but a "glitch" I'd like to see fixed in the future (hint!). I guess I could look at it as mental exercise before my physical exercise!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.