Drill Max Premix Suggestions?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
We should finish the editing of all 4 workouts by the end of this week and we hope to start the authoring of the DVDs starting next week. We’re planning on having around 3 to 4 premixes for each workout and we would like your input and help in choosing and designing the Premixes. We already have several ideas of our own for the premixes, but would like to hear your input too. We’ve listed the chapter points from Drill Max below. With a premix you can change the order of the chapters points, eliminate chapter points or double up on chapter points. Please keep in mind that you can only use video footage from the Drill Max workout for premixes on this DVD. Please only post your suggestions for the Drill Max premixes on this thread. We will have other threads for the premixes for the other DVDs.

Please visit our Blog for a sample premix for Drill Max.

CHAPTER POINTS:

Warm Up

Drill # 1

Cardio #1..Tap n Reach/ defensive squats/line taps

Squat and curl

Military Presses

Overhead press with hip rotation

Drill # 2

Cardio #2...Lateral skaters/ski hops

Plie Squats

Scapular retractions

Bomb Diver Push ups/Core plank push ups

Drill # 3

Cardio # 3...Hi/lo with ball

Wall Squats

Bicep Curls on Ball

Drill # 4

Cardio # 4...step aerobics

Firewalkers

Glute Squeezes on ball

Push ups on ball

Rear delt raises on ball

Drill # 5

Cardio # 5...Agility jumping and Bounding

Walking Lunges w/ lateral raise

Front/Side/Rear Delt work on ball

Drill # 6

Cardio # 6...Football running drills

Squat Thrusts/Lateral jumps over step

Forward/Back Reaching Lunges Power Scissors

Tricep Dips on Ball

Seesaw Push ups on Ball

Side Plank Push Ups w/ weights

Stretch

Hi, Cathe!

I'm a little nervous giving suggestions to the "pro"!

I am most excited about this workout and absolutely cannot wait.

My suggestion would be to have a lower body/cardio premix and an upper body/cardio premix. You may have to double up on some exercises to make it the right length, but I would use it.

So excited!

Kelly

Oh yes, please please please have a cardio only pre-mix! And if you could do that with Body Max 2 as well, I would be SO grateful!

Cathe, thanks much for asking, it means a lot that you care about what we think! :)

I'd like to see an UPPER BODY ONLY premix and a LOWER BODY ONLY premix. Maybe a CORE ONLY premix, and CARDIO ONLY premix. Thats just my 2 cents.

I love the seperation of upper and lower body as well and then a stand-alone cardio premix. I use these types when I have less time to workout.

So excited!!

Mary

I dont know how long the drill max will be, but I would like a timesaver premix. Just in case time is a factor or someone just wants a shorter workout. Thanks for asking..Chap

Premix #1:
Ultra Cardio Blast (about 54 min)
This is the premix outlined in your blog, but I would like to suggest adding in the bomb diver push ups before the stretch.

Premix #2:
Cardio & Legs Blast Premix
Alternating all the cardio and lower body chapters, and omitting the lower body chapters

Premix #3:
Cardio and Upper Body Blast
Alternating all the cardio and upper body chapters, omitting the lower body chapters.

Premix #4:
Total Body Blast
As I have not seen this workout, I'm not sure how long or tough the weight segments are but, seeing as there have been many requests lately for another total body weight workout, how about an all weight premix something along the lines of:

Warm up
All leg chapters back-to-back, perhaps doubling up a few of the shorter chapters, then...
All upper body chapters back-to-back, again, perhaps doubling up on a few of the shorter chapters
Stretch

Thank you so much for soliciting this advice!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

I agree with the other posters - an upper body/cardio and a lower body/cardio premix.
Also a Functional Premix - sort of a "no/low cardio" mix - pulling out the most difficult of the cardio drills and focusing on the functional and strength drills.

As an aside, perhaps a special chapter detailing proper CPR technique. That way, whoever finds us passed out on the floor after this workout, will be able to resuscitate us successfully! (just kidding - kind of)

I am so thrilled that you're asking for our input! My suggestion / request would be that the premixes have the warm-up and cool-down already added on. I use the premixes most of the time now that I've got three little ones to coordinate my workouts around, so every single second I can spend getting to the workout instead of paging through the menus is more workout time for me!! Have you considered bringing back the workout blender? I use this feature when the premixes don't match what I'm trying to do for that day.

The suggestions for cardio/upper and cardio/lower are ones I would use, too.

I really appreciate that you come to us for input - it really makes me feel like these are "our" workouts, because you make them with us formost in your mind. No wonder we're so darn loyal to you - your the best!!

Tricia

Definitely agree with the idea of all cardio , an all upper, an all lower & a timesaver ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:7

>I'd like to see an UPPER BODY ONLY premix and a LOWER BODY
>ONLY premix. Maybe a CORE ONLY premix, and CARDIO ONLY
>premix. Thats just my 2 cents.

I second these premixes! How about a WEIGHTS/CONDITIONING & ABS only also? (ie, everything but the cardio) in addition to CARDIO only.

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I also would love these premixes if possible:

all-cardio

all upper body

all lower body

abs/core

Erica

Am I missing something here? I don't see any core exercises in this one. If I'm mistaken then yes a core only premix is always nice. :)

Sue

Edited to add: Looking back through, I do see a couple of core exercises but is it enough for a premix???

My first thought when I saw the details was hoping for a premix with a total body strength workout only!

Other premixes:
Ultra Cardio for those that can handle it (wouldn't be me though!)

Timesaver - I hardly ever have an hour but shorter workouts could be covered with a total body strength or premixes below too for those that don't have a full hour in one shot)

Upper body or Upper body with cardio

Lower Body incl abs or Lower body incl abs with cardio

Thanks for asking!

Here are my suggestions Cathe:
#1: Upper Body weight traing
#2: Lower Body weight Training
#3: Cardio and cardio blasts
#4: Abs/stretch

OMG I can't believe I'm helping Cathe, this is soo cool:7

Take Care!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I LOVE the cardio premix you outlined in your blog. That one would be wonderful, in a scary sort of way;) }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.