Dressing Like Cathe and the Crew

Farmer

Cathlete
Does anyone coordinate their workout wear to match the ladies? I find that when I do this I feel like I am the forgotten video member. It is purely psychological but I think it makes me exercise better.

That's cool! As for myself, since I work out at 4:30 a.m., I'm lucky I can even get DRESSED for my workouts, never mind trying to coordinate. One of the reasons I love working out in the privacy of my own home is that I can wear mismatched exercise clothing (um, and sometimes even mismatched socks) and nobody cares (well, sometimes my kitty looks at me funny, but I think that's because I look like an IDIOT as I try to learn step routines).

The only outfit I have that matches is the Cleveland Browns from 4DS, and yes, I do like to match! I, too, work out in the am but still enjoy the psycological benefits of cute workout clothes. my new favorite is champion O2 Cool asymmetrical capri pant.

when I can afford it

Although that said I don't think I'm going to match the outfits on Cardio Hits or Cardio Classics lol! My butt has not been designed with that kind of outfit in mind! I do like to keep it cute though. Earlier in the year when wally world had a sale on tank tops I bought several in colors that I like and wear those with capri leggings I got on sale at K Mart (I prefer k mart.) I also have two hoodys that I like to wear, one is light orange with a light green stripe on the waist band/cuff and the other is a fuzzy white affair I got at Susie's Deals (you know the 6$ store.) I do wear the black pants when Cathe is in black pants and I match my sports bra to the top. I wear the green one on kick boxing wo. :D

How does anyone wear pants to work out? I am amazed when Cathe and crew do, especially in Imax 2. I sweat so much and get so hot that I can't even imagine wearing them. As for me matching Cathe I would love to but I am a stay at home mom and am lucky if my own clothes match let alone don't have something spilled on them.

I wear pants, my basement is COLD :)... And I sometimes do find myself dressing like the crew on whatever workout I'm doing that day and it somehow makes me feel part of the gang.

I never matched my clothes on purpose, but there have been a few occasions where I have worn a turquoise sports bra and black pants on the same day I do Low Max. :eek: :D

When I notice that I match the crew I do a little laugh and then just shrug it off. Although, yes, I do find that I work a little harder.

I love the workout clothes in B&G, LIC, Drill Max, etc (that series), but unless I get a call from Publishers Clearing House it ain't happening. That ship has sailed. :D

It's very scientific!

I don't dress to match them, but I do dress to match. When I pick my outfit for the next morning (I work out very early; lay out clothes in the p.m.), my thought process is:

1. How much support do the "girls" need? (Cardio or weights?)

2. Which shoes should I wear? (some styles are better for cardio than others).

3. Which sock (don't laugh!) should I wear? Because Spanx makes an incredibly supportive (through the arch) workout sock that's good for high impact.

4. Which shorts coordinate with the bra? (Because I work out in a mirrored room and would be hate looking at weird color combos for an hour or more!)

4. And the final, trumps-all question: What's clean?

How can Cathe and crew can work out in those long pants? It has got to be hot under all of those lights!

Almost all of my workout pants are black capris. That way they match pretty much all of my tops. So if I head out to walk the dog after my workout I at least look somewhat presentable.:) They are the Champion "duo dry" fabric and they feel at least as cool, if not more so, than the cotton bike shorts I used to wear.

I love a lot of the crew's outfits, but most of them are too pricey for me. However, I found a bunch of the Nike tops that they are wearing in STS on clearance at Sports Authority, some in the same colors, and some in different colors. I love them! So when STS comes out, I will be matchy matchy with Cathe and crew.:D

Ok many times with out doing it on purpose I have found myself wearing the same colors
as Cathe and crew. It makes me smile and feel like I am really part of the crew hopefully
making me work a little harder as well. I wonder if subconsciously picking my clothes makes
me chose a certain work out and if choosing a certain work out makes me pick out certain
clothes. Wow tooooo deep for me!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Bri

I don't try to match Cathe and crew but I do wear cute clothes. I also mostly wear long pants because I wear a knee brace and it helps to keep it in place. I also like to wear slouch socks on step days for the extra cushion. I also need to make sure the "girls" are secured....needless to say since I do a early morning workout I get all of my gear out the night before.:rolleyes:

I only color coordinate. That seems to be a good enough mental trick to get me going. I don't have the sash pants or any other exact replicas.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.