Don't underestimate the power of close grip press

michefit

Cathlete
Yikes - first time I have done GS Chest and Triceps all the way through as is. I have been doing the premix chest and tricep superset - or each body part workout seperately. I usually skip the close grip tricep presses. Well I did it all today - using 25's for the first three sets of bench presses and then 20's thereafter.

By the time I got to triceps I could barely lift the 25 over my head for tricep extensions! Very sore today. What a tremendous workout. I don't think I would have pushed myself this hard if I was at a gym by myself. And did the rest periods ever feel short - 30 seconds? Felt like five! Just had to share my joy and pain!

It sounds crazy to have joy in the pain - only dedicated exercisers would understand!! GS is great. All the variety in all of the workouts keeps it mentally stimulating and keeps the body guessing and leaning out in the process...which is probably why we like the soreness...evidence of 'progress'. Take care!

Wake up Eager - (love your name!) so - true using the premixes makes it totally different workout. The superset alternates the excercises and I still get sore from using that one. Right now my sides into my back are even sore from the push-ups - I was hoping to do back and biceps tomorrow- I'll have to see how long the DOMS lasts...I guess I could always work GS legs -look out calf muscles!

GS really burns my triceps, even more so than some of the other DVDs. Most of the time I can hardly lift the weights by time the lying side extensions come up.

I wouldn't know about the chest part because I'm ready to collapse after the first couple of rounds of push-ups. :eek:

I vote Pyramids for the biceps. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.