Do you ever sub in your own music?

Shelbygirl

Cathlete
I did the Advanced High Step Circuit workout today, probably for about the third time. I just can't seem to like it and I think it's because I really (and I mean REALLY) dislike the music on this one. I find the music to be completely unmotivating and dull. The workout seems like it would be fun with better music. Has anyone ever tried turning off the DVD sound and playing their own music? Did it help or was it too hard to follow all the varying moves of the workout?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I'd hate to see a perfectly good workout get permanently shelved.

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

Given that all of Cathe's cardio workouts are performed on the beat of the music, including specific beats per minute and 32-count phrasing, IMHO it would be next to impossible to play other music and perform the workout as she is performing it on screen. And, if you WERE able to do so it would take so much time and calibration it would hardly be worth the effort.

A-Jock

Shelbygirl if you like the music of the IS you can buy the Cathe volume 1 by Dynamix.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie.:) :)

Stayfit, that just might work. Perhaps the beat from Dynamix Vol 1 is similar to what's in the High Step workout. I'm not so worried about the weight segments. I'm used to lifting weights at the gym with varying beats of music; I'm usually pretty good at just sticking to my own beat. The cardio might be tougher to deal with, but since it's such a small part of the overall workout, the Dynamix stuff might work out fine.

Shelbygirl

I don't like the HSTA music either, especially the way-too obvious "slowing down/speeding up." I would never do it to my own music, however, because I follow the beat quite easily, and it would be difficult to do the cardio part of the workout with music that didn't fit the moves.

I can't quite see the purpose of the "music off" option for cardio for this reason. It's much easier, IMO, to do weight work to music that doesn't follow the pace of the moves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.