Did you ever notice Lorraine in KPC?

Carmen829

Cathlete
I just did KPC. I love the cardio portion. Did you ever notice Lorraine gets a little frustrated with herself in the beginning when she messed up the "tap your back on the right" portion. Its almost as if she forgot she's on camera.

How about during Step Blast, ever notice Cede's face when she realizes she was suppose to do a seven knee repeater? She's funny. I know its a little thing, and I try not to let it distract me but I always seem to catch it.

Moving on....thanks.

Last edited:
Normally I'm in too much agony to notice any of the crew. :D On a somewhat related note, I was thinking to myself days ago that it's impressive how well everyone remembers what comes next. It's not always easy even with a workout that's been done many times. Then again, I guess this is why I'm not in workout videos!

I don't notice too much either as I'm trying to get through, however I did notice that Lorraine's ponytail bounces around a lot more than the other girls ponytails (I thought it was cute).

I also noticed that Brenda's abs are a different shape than the other girls, and I was happy about that because they seem to resemble the shape of my abs more. I wish I had a pancake flat stomach, but after 2 babies (8.5 lbs and 9.5 lbs) it ain't ever happening.:eek::(

Or Cardio Fusion

During cardio fusion, Cede messes up on one of the knee-kick-knee repeaters and starts stepping too early. She just laughs it off. There are quite a few flubs in Cardio Fusion.

I notice them from time to time. There's a video (forget which one) where everybody is using a certain barbell weight (35 lbs, maybe) in one shot, and in the next camera angle, they're using 40 lbs. I don't remember which workout it is, but it's one that I do with DH (that eliminates many of them!), because I mentioned it to him.

Anybody else notice gaffes and mix-ups?

I wonder if they leave those flubs in there on purpose? I guess the way I look at it is that no one is perfect all the time, even Cathe has missed a step here or there (granted not many though!), but it shows that we are all human :) and also means that I should not feel too bad or get frustrated when I make a mistake (or 10 :eek:) during a paticular workout ~ even the professionals sometimes zig when they should have zagged! I think it makes them more "real" and honest :)

I do pick up on them though... I am all about symmetry and unity but have learned to take it all in stride these days :)

I have noticed a few places where Cathe must not be depending on Cedie for counting b/c she is off one and moves on before finishing the reps. The cute things don't bother me but I MUST do everything equally in life so I just keep going (the one I'm thinking of is PUB shoulders, but there are others that aren't coming to mind.)

That's funny I dont post that often but I have to say I'm always counting on pub shoulders to see if it was me or her who messed the # of reps.. I just add on one rep. Their is another video were cathe says the wrong move before its time I think its step blast but dont quote me. But now when I do the video I'm waiting for that part to happen it also helps me to know how much longer or at what point I am in my work out.

During cardio fusion, Cede messes up on one of the knee-kick-knee repeaters and starts stepping too early. She just laughs it off. There are quite a few flubs in Cardio Fusion.

I notice them from time to time. There's a video (forget which one) where everybody is using a certain barbell weight (35 lbs, maybe) in one shot, and in the next camera angle, they're using 40 lbs. I don't remember which workout it is, but it's one that I do with DH (that eliminates many of them!), because I mentioned it to him.

Anybody else notice gaffes and mix-ups?

I have noticed a little flub in GS Legs. It's right before they do calf raises. Everyone's BB's have weights on them, and then in the very next shot their BB's don't have any weights on them. I always chuckle at that.

That's funny I dont post that often but I have to say I'm always counting on pub shoulders to see if it was me or her who messed the # of reps.. I just add on one rep. Their is another video were cathe says the wrong move before its time I think its step blast but dont quote me. But now when I do the video I'm waiting for that part to happen it also helps me to know how much longer or at what point I am in my work out.

I do the same thing. I always wonder did I miscount or did she??

In PLB, also, static lunges.....she does 11 instead of 12!

Is it in PLB calves that the weight plates fall down Cedie's barbell???

I love finding these little glitches.

I did Step Fit the other day for the first time in a while, and saw something on the floor by the girl on (my) far left (when looking at the TV).....a rag or piece of material or something.

Gayle

There are a few little glitches here and there that I've noticed. They don't bother me though. As someone else said, it just makes it all seem more real.

I think in MM, when they're doing tricep dips, Cathe starts counting down from 8, and everyone else smiles. Apparently it was supposed to be 10. (If I'm remembering that right.)

I'll bet that sometimes these glitches get through because there's no alternate shot to replace them with. I'm just guessing, but in my experience with video work, there isn't always an ideal alternative to drop in.

Still, they're fun to look out for, and I'm always pleased when I find a new one -- especially in a video that I've been doing for years!

I also don't post often, but had to jump in here.

In GS Legs, after the first set of calf raises, someone off camera must say something about Cathe's count being wrong or something. You can see all the girls behind her start to smile really big and then Cathe smiles and says, "Don't worry about it. It's not about numbers." I would LOVE to know the back story on that.

The comment on wishing you knew the back story re Cathe saying, "Don't worry - it's not about numbers," made me think of some other instances like that.

During Legs & Glutes floorwork, for example, I'm pretty sure Cathe added on extra reps because she says, "They're tired of my little game of add-ons." In any event, during the floorwork, Cathe and crew go into a stretch and Cathe says, "You might not even have to come too far forward," and they all start laughing, then the camera pans to Brenda. I wonder if Brenda said something like, "Can I come forward enough to hit you?"

And in Muscle Endurance, Cathe mentions having a notebook handy to mark down which weights you've used, and then she laughs. I picture somebody off camera holding up a notebook.

Or in Push Pull, during the floorwork, Cathe says something like, "I know what they're saying because I work them hard in rehearsals," I always wonder what they're saying back there!

I think noticing little things like these help me get through the workouts!

Cathe and her crew rock!!!!

They don't bother me at all. Except, I am surprise at one error in BM2.

In Combo #3. We start with insole (if spelled correct) front and back then Charlstine (if spelled corrected) for the 1st leg.

But then for the other leg, she does insole to the front and back only for few times (she says to build it up the same way... while we didn't do that on the 1st side) and then she adds the Charlstine. If it affects the workout, I feel it's a big mistake. Anyone noticed that?

They don't bother me at all. Except, I am surprise at one error in BM2.

In Combo #3. We start with insole (if spelled correct) front and back then Charlstine (if spelled corrected) for the 1st leg.

But then for the other leg, she does insole to the front and back only for few times (she says to build it up the same way... while we didn't do that on the 1st side) and then she adds the Charlstine. If it affects the workout, I feel it's a big mistake. Anyone noticed that?

Yes I noticed the same thing but I don't know if it does affect the workout. I would not think so, IMO, it does not last long enough.
Nathalie

Yes, I did Body Max 2 a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if perhaps I just didn't remember the floor insoles on the first side. It did mess me up because I went to the Charleston immediately, and was happy at first thinking at least I knew what was coming next. Wrong! :p

I bet it took 10 or 15 times before I noticed the insole thing on BM2. While we are talking about quirks, ever notice that when Cathe does insoles and uses her left leg, her left arm only comes up to shoulder level, but on the right side her right arm goes all the way up?

I'm picturing Cathe reading this thread and getting a little scared. :) No wonder they are taking time to make STS perfect!

Ben

I haven't noticed the arm position, mainly because I'm concentrating on making my arms lift higher. :eek:

I probably mentioned this before, but even with the little mistakes, I'm surprised instructors do so well. I would probably enjoy being an instructor myself but was thinking, how on earth does Cathe think up these routines and remember them so well? Especially in classes? Seems beyond my reach but then again, I don't have any creativity.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.