CTX Rotation

gmcneil

I purchased the CTX set a couple of weeks ago and finally managed to get through most of the cardio sections this weeks. What an accomplishment! The first three days I did the Circuit Circuit, 10-10-10 and CTX Step. On the fourth day I did Leaner Legs and Upper Body Split yesterday. I've just read on another post that some of you have gotten really good results by doing a rotation with this set. I would really love to know which order you did the workouts in. I just started on DVD 1 and decided to do the LL and upper body split later in the week. I'm not sure if I should just start on DVD 1 and work my way through all the workouts or if another order would work better.

I had great results using this series last spring. I didn't do anything in any particular order. I just made sure Power Circuit and LL were not done back to back. Have fun with it!! It's a really effective series!

Aila:)

Thanks for the reply. I'm so excited! I've finally learned enough of Cathe's steps to get me through some of her cardio workouts. Now that I'm incorporating weight work, I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. In one of her workouts she says, "Happiness is knowing what step is coming next". She was absolutely right. It feels really good after fumbling around and tripping over your own feet to finally keep up. In case anyone is interested, I actually found a few different CTX rotation at the Video Fanatics website.

I usually do a CTX rotation during two separate months of the year. I also do not do them in a specific order and separate LL and Power Circuit. I usually try to do two body parts with each cardio (rather than just the one that is provided in the workout). Sometimes I will do CTX Upper twice in one week and then on my cardio days, I'll do two sessions of cardio only (skipping the weight sections). A sample rotation would be:

Sun Power Circuit + one other upper body part
Mon Off
Tues Kickbox + one other upper body part
Wed Leaner Legs
Thurs All Step + one other upper body part
Friday 10-10-10 + one other upper body part
Saturday Step and Intervals + one other upper body part

The next week I might do something like:

Sun CTX Upper
Mon Off
Tues Kickbox and 10-10-10
Wed Leaner Legs
Thurs CTX Upper
Fri All Step and Step & Intervals
Sat Power Circuit plus 1/2 hour of some other cardio

I never get bored with CTX rotations.
Enjoy!
Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.