CTX Lean Legs

MasonK

Cathlete
Can anyone tell me what you use to do the "Step-ups" in CTX Lean Legs? I understand that the stool type of bench that Cathe and Co use in the video is not an item that is for sale. Any advice? I'm 5'5" BTW, so should I go 14-17" high?

I use a Rubbermaid kitchen stool (9" tall) sitting on top of the regular STEP with one set of risers (6" more). If I want more height (17") like for PSLegs, I use the end of my bench (like you buy at Walmart for doing bench press, a bench with tall metal supports on one end for holding the barbell). These two options cover everything, as you can adjust the height of the first option with the risers, or use just the little bench alone also.

Hi,
I bought another step and had my husband make mine for me. You have to cut a bench step in half, shorten it and put the two ends back together. So if you are very handy or if someone else in your family is you could do this. It also gives you extra risers to use with your other bench for a weight bench. It might cost a little more than you want to spend but for me it was worth it for me. Only a suggestion take it or leave it as Cathe would say.
Deb

I use a regular Step Co step, but I bought extra risers so it can go up to 14"tall. I then use it with the short end facing the TV.

Also, some people at the Firm Forum use a Rubbermaid toolbox they bought at Target. 13" high I believe and they can store some dumbells in it. Just an idea. Robin.

I have that Rubbermaid Tool Box Step, which I bought at Target. I use it to store my Spri tubing.

I have the Tool Box Step. I think I found it at Builder's Square. And I have my Spri tubing in it, too! It also makes a nice place to sit for seated upper body work. A little too low for sit-n-stands for me with my height and range of motion.

:) Gretchen

For sit & stands I use one of those adjustable bathtub seats!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.