CTX Intensity

MasonK

Cathlete
Hello - Just curious - I recently stareted using the CTX series and I am shocked at the intensity (this is a GOOD thing!) I had been doing CardioKicks, StepFit, Wedding and MIC as Cardio and then just MIS (I'm a beginner strength trainer). I thought I wouldn't get the same fat burning benefits from the CTX series but I feel really good using this -- did anyone else have the same experience? Is it because the Cardio sections are shorter that thay are (or just seem?) more intense? I always throw in at least StepFit one day and maybe even MIS to balance things out - but I'm LOVING this CTX Series. Just Curious of others impressions AND results. Thanks for any feedback.

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen,

I love the CTX Series, and plan on doing another rotation as soon as I finish my current rotation, which is with the new S&H videos. The cardio is intense, IMHO, but I also think since the cardio sections are short, I tend to really give it my all b/c I know it'll be over soon! ;-) Also, with two young children, the shorter length of some of the tapes helps, too.

I always see positive results when I concentrate on a CTX rotation - more upper body definition, slimmer legs, and I even lost a couple of pounds, which was not even my goal since I already am at a good weight.

Good luck, hope this helps some!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle -- Glad to hear such a positive review. and also glad to hear you lost a couple of pounds. I've been working out like a mad woman for 5 months now and I have GAINED weight! I know alot of it is muscle -- and I do see a bit of a change in my shape -- but it's tough psychologically to see the scale go UP rather than DOWN. Maybe I should cut out that afternoon snack -- I KNOW I should.... Anyway, sorry to babble and thanks again. K--

Michelle -- just one more question. Did you supplement your CTX workouts w/anything? If so, what? Thanks! K--

Hi,

No, I don't supplement the CTX workouts. Also, I forgot to add that I don't do them six days in a row - I do three, take a day off, then do the other three, take a day off, then start over, etc. I learned that too many high impact days in a row would start to bother my lower back and my knees, so doing the tapes this ways helps alot, and didn't change the results either. :)

Hi Kathleen!

I was also surpised at the intensity of CXT. I never thought I could do 25 min of cardio and feel that worked out. I love the tapes for when I am short on time. Seems to be I'm always short on time anymore.

I was so suprised that after doing the CXT for a while, I could still do the longer tapes as well or better than before. I thought I might have trouble going longer, but I didn't.

My favorite is Power Circuit. I think it's a killer, then my next fave and hardest is 10-10-10. Which are your favorites?

Susan

I too like the power circuit and Kickbox! But 10-10-10 kicks too! They're all so different that they so compliment each other! I'm not a big hi-lo fan, but I must say the plyo jacks/airborne jumps do get the heart racing! UGH! Thanks for your input! K--

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.