CTX dvd's-worth it?

bestoutwest

Cathlete
Hi all. Gradually building up my Cathe inventory. Anxiously awaiting the Hard core series! Wondering about the cross train express series. What is the general feel about these workouts? Would it be worth it to purchase? I currently have body blast series, intensity series, slow & heavy, imax, body max, circuit max and cardio kicks.

YES!!:D This is what got me addicted to Cathe!! Great cardio workouts (very intense) in a short amount of time. I love this series!! You can do so much with it as is or adding on to other workouts!! It is a GREAT cross trainer. Oh and for some reason I favor CTX kick box over cardio kickbox. Hope this helps!!

Take care,
~Nicole

I am no "Cathe expert"...my Cathe collection is still very small...CTX is the only *SERIES* I own though I do eventually want the rest...but I just had to throw my 2 cents in here anyway and tell you that I love it! I think it's awesome and I agree with the previous poster that it is extremely versatile, which is one of it's greatest attributes!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

CTX is an excellent series - great for when you don't have a lot of time, but they still give you a good workout. It's a must for any Cathe library.

I just got my CTX DVD's a couple of weeks ago, and while I have not been able to do all the workouts, yet, I am pleased overall with the series. The cardio workouts are exceptionally good and intense for being only about 30 minutes each. Definitely good choices when you want a good cardio workout in less time! I know I'm huffin' and puffin' at the end of Step & Intervals!

I wasn't as thrilled about the Upper Body Split as I'd hoped, though. I definitely prefer PUB in combination with some S&H sets over the UBS. I guess I just felt that I wasn't working my muscles very much....the movements were too fast and I felt like I wasn't able to maintain control as much as I would like. I prefer a slower count when I do upper body work -- faster counts just don't tax my muscles as much. There were a couple of exercises (the Arnold Press, for example), that I will definitely incorporate into my upper body workouts, but at a much slower pace.

I'm looking forward to doing Leaner Legs...it looks like a killer workout!

And, I just love the All Abs section! Wow! Just awesome!

All-in-all, definitely worth the money and a necessary addition to any Cathe library.

One more thing:

Who is the woman in the videos that looks like she's about ready to drop in every workout? It's not Brenda or Rhonda, but one of the other ones - black hair. She was really detracting from the workouts...while I was previewing them, I was actually concerned for this woman. I thought she was going to keel over more than once...and I honestly didn't think she'd make it through the plank work on the kickbox workout. I felt bad for her...her form was so bad on all the workouts that it was a real distraction and painful for me to even watch sometimes.

Sorry if this is too critical, but I'm just so thankful for the crew Cathe has now...because with her newer workouts, I can focus on the exercises and not be concerned for the people on my TV screen.

Hi Nicole,

I really love this series. I think it has a little bit of everything. Most of the cardio is pretty short but intense IMO. I particularly love the set up of working one body part per day. I tend to reach for Step & Intervals & CTX upper the most. I highly recommend this series!

Aila:)

It is a must have!!!! I use these workouts frequently. Sometimes I do a rotation of just that series and sometimes I mix them with other workouts. I try to do my workouts early in the morning and sometimes I will do one of the cardio workouts just for fun in the evening. I really love the kickboxing, 10-10-10 and step intervals.

JoJo

Yes the ctx dvd is great. You will have lot of variety: hi/low , kickbox, step and weight training. You will find the upper body split. In the upper body spilt you will find all the upper body weight training of each workout together. You will find learner legs, a lower body workout and the abs split with all the abs exercises of this series. My favorites workouts are kicbox, 10,10,10 and power circuit.The upper body split is one of my favorites weight workouts.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

CTX is a must have. It's a rotation all on it's own. It maximizes your time like you wouldn't believe. It's really rather impressive.
I like to run and the short cardios are intense enough that if I miss a 3 miler...I feel they are an excellent sub.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.