CTX???

winter2b

Cathlete
Hi all,

I am relatively new to Cathe. I am going on my honeymoon in 7 weeks and I really want to put together a kick butt rotation to help me take off some weight and tone up. It has been suggested to me that I should consider the CTX series. I already own the Timesaver, and I've seen other places that Timesaver is the "new CTX". I only have the one DVD and then workouts that I've taped from FitTV, so I want to buy a series that I can get a great rotation out of, and that will be conducive to my current fitness level. I'd say I'm intermediate, and I'm good at modifying things when I need to. The other series that I had thought of was the intensity or the Body blast series and possibly also pre-ordering a couple of the new Hardcore (Imax3 and Low Max). Any thoughts or suggestions??? Which series would you go with? I wish I had more money and could buy the whole works, but alas...I am not!!! Darn it!

Thanks so much!!!
Amy:7

I'd say Intensity. You get the Pyramids, which help you gain strength in your upper and lower body; ME, which will work on your endurance; BC, which is a hyper-tough crosstraining workout that will add even more variety to your training; IMAX2 for cardiovascular training; and C&W, which gives you cardio, compound exercises with light weights, then heavy/moderate weights for your upper body. I started using this series as an intermediate exerciser and have gotten great results from using it with Cathe's other workouts.

Pinky

The Intensity are my favorite of Cathe's workouts, HOWEVR, I would suggest the BodyBlast first.
The SS/PP can be done all the way thru (which makes it a nice intermediate workout done in under an hour) or you can choose one of the premixes which ups them to advanced 80 min. workouts

Kick,Punch & Crunch is an excellent cardio which is mostly low impact kickboxing workout.

Step, Jump & Pump is an excellent cardio & weights workout that includes step, hi/low and weights.

These are excellent intermediate to advanced workouts that you can grow with.

Kim

another recommendation of body blasts BEFORE intensities... body blasts are a lot easier, less intense... i was disappointed with the body blasts cuz i bought them after mastering the intensities :-( so didn't/don't use them to their full potential!

(and the intensities are also my favorite series so far.. i LOVE the terminator dvd! but i still stand my my recommendation to get body blasts first! plus i LOVE legs and glutes!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.