Cross-trainer Express series

Fitnik

Cathlete
DH wants to get me videos for Xmas !

Please could someone let me know how complex or otherwise the choreography is in the cardio sections on the CTX series and also how intense the cardio is on these workouts. I’m an advanced exerciser but want a variety of shorter, intense but simple cardio routines I can fit in the same day as doing strength work.

Look forward to your responses!

If you are used to Cathe choreography, these should be no problem. I cannot stress to you how much I love this series! I have to force myself to do anything else! They are very intense, but you are getting your workout done fast, so you will never dread them. The weight sections are great, too. Cathe's masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned. It have absolutely everything.

Ditto to what Honeybunch said. This is a GREAT series! The cardio portions are short but VERY intense! I feel just as worked out after one of these sessions as with a full-length tape (well, mostly). Cathe gets right down to it with active warm-ups and great cardio. You will not get bored! Summary: Great series that has it all! Great plank work too -- which was new for me, and very challenging.

Another vote for CTX. The choreography is more complex than IMAX (as a reference point), but not super complex. I would highly recommend this series on dvd. I was able to conquer the choreo quickly because I had the series in a dvd format and did not have to constantly rw/ff a tape. Plus, you have more options on the dvd.

Absolutely love the results of Leaner Legs!

I don't think the choreography is complex. Maybe just a teeny bit in some of the stepping. But the floor work (Power Circuit, 10-10-10, Kickboxing) is certainly not. The cardio is intense if you keep all the jumps in like Cathe does, but not as intense if you like to keep it lower. (Hence the whole 10" step hight with me--in the Ask Cathe discussion form.) Oh and I absolutely love Step and Intervals.

Buy it if you have the money!

Jeanne

Thank you!

I ordered the CTX DVD set (amongst many others!) today - so excited about my new workouts !

Fitnik

CTX is a life saver for me. I always feel I get the best of both worlds because there is intense cardio and muscle shaping.

I hope more series like CTX are planned in the future!

Fitnik - I also got XTC for X-mas. What a great gift!!! I've already done All Step, Kickboxing, Power Circuit and Step & Interval and love love love them. We'll see how I feel about the set after I do Leaner Legs tomorrow. ;-)

Have fun!!

-Deborah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.