cross train xpress...

jimmie48

Cathlete
is the featured product this week and I was wondering if it is worth getting. I've always been up in the air about it. The only thing that bothers me is that the weight segments at the end are only 8-10 min (if I am remembering right). Are there any premixes that allow you to do a fully body workout or anything?

Hey there - I pulled this DVD out this week - the Leaner Legs (some refer to it as Meaner Legs) segment is 60+ minutes and it is a good, solid and tough leg workout. I did the Upper Body workout recently too (@ 60 minutes) also, solid and tough too.

Because it's an older DVD it does not have premixes - but the 10 or so workouts are segmented on there so it's easy to select your focus for the day.

An older DVD - but solid Cathe. Good cuing, good solid workouts. If the workout clothes and hairstyles did not give it away (definitely the look of the 80's/90's) you wouldn't know that it's an older workout.

I like having it in my library for the additional variety.

HTHs.
Suzie

I LOVE Cross Train Xpress for so many reasons. There aren't any premixes per say, but on the 2nd DVD there is a choice of "Upper Body Split" which compiles all the upper body workouts one after the other. Just like Suzie said, it's 60 min. It also has a choice of doing all the ab routines from the various segments.

All parts of this series: the cardio, the abs, the legs(ouch!), and the upper body are awesome. The cardio is so much fun-I love the step segments. They are well cued, fun routines. A couple of the cardio segments offer both step and hi/lo, one is kickboxing. There is one cardio segment: Power Circuits that has hi/lo, step, and a nice lower body workout with a barbell and weights. Each cardio segment-and they are challenging- is about 30 minutes long and each weight segment is 10-13 minutes long. The ab sections are great-planks are included in a couple of them (I think). IMHO, the bicep and shoulder segments are some of the best that Cathe has done. And like Cathe says, "you can get a lot done in 10 minutes". :)

Overall it's very versitle. You can use it as it was made and do a cardio/weight segment each day. Or you can create your own mish-moshes. I mish-mosh. I love doing all the upper body work at once. And when I have time, I like to do the warm up and step segment from Power Circuits (which includes lower body work) and then do all the upper body work. Makes for a very good 1 hr and 20 min. workout. I also will do one of the cardio sections if I'm looking for an good 30 minutes of fun, but intense cardio.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents (or maybe 3) in about CTX!! :D

HTH!

thanks suzie and lisa--exactly what I was hoping to hear! I've read that leaner legs is a killer and have always wanted to try it. Well I guess I will be adding another dvd to my collection--dh will be soooo happy! lol

thanks suzie and lisa--exactly what I was hoping to hear! I've read that leaner legs is a killer and have always wanted to try it. Well I guess I will be adding another dvd to my collection--dh will be soooo happy! lol

Woohoo!! Enjoy your new purchase!! :D

how is the DVD set up exactly

Im sort of confused how the cross train xpress is set up. There are 6 DVD's and each of them has cardio and a weight segment? How long are the cardio segments? How do you mish mosh them?

Im sort of confused how the cross train xpress is set up. There are 6 DVD's and each of them has cardio and a weight segment? How long are the cardio segments? How do you mish mosh them?

Hi Shannon,

Cross Train Xpress (CTX) comes on 2 DVD's. 1 DVD has 4 workouts on it. (All Step(Shoulders), Power Circuits(Back), Step & Intervals(Chest), & 10-10-10(Triceps). Each workout consists of about 30 min cardio followed by a one body part weight segment, and few have an abs section. In total, they are all about 50-60 min long. Example: All Step has 30 min step, then about 10 min Shoulders, then about 10 min Abs, then stretch. For a total of about 55 min. The 2nd DVD has a Kickbox workout w/biceps, Leaner Legs(all lower body workout), Upper Body Split (premix with all the upper body work), and Ab Circuit (premix with all the Ab work).

When I "mish-mosh" CTX I mean that I select the chapter/section of the workout I want, do that section, then go back to the menu and pick the next chapter/section I want to do.

HTH!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.