Cross train express--all 6 days!

MDolfiniReed

Cathlete
I just made it through the 6th day of cross train express. First time through. I love the variety on this dvd--it definitely kept my brain totally engaged every day while I was working out. I love the music that Cathe uses on these workouts and the diversity of the step choreography. I hadn't done any kick box before I got this 2 dvd series and I've discovered that I really like the kick box routine. I'm not terribly graceful at it, but it gives me a new challenge. The hi-lo aerobics really kicks butt too. Can't believe I used to do that stuff all the time years ago. I was just happy to make it through the 10 minutes of hi-lo on 10-10-10. WooWee! :)

Cross Train Express is a gem that is often forgotten by me. It has been a while since I've pulled this out. I think this is definitely some of Cathe's best.

Cross Train Express is definitely not one to forget. I think the premise of 4DS was based on these workouts. Between the two, I think I like CTE better (sshhh, don't tell Cathe)!
I too dread that 10-10-10, but feel great when I finish it!
Congrats to you for finishing those workouts.

The cardio segment of 10-10-10 is one of my favorites--and it flies by! I also love love love Leaner Legs and the Upper Body Premix.

Good for you! CTX is one of my favorite series of Cathe's. I love the efficiency and variety. I haven't used it as designed for awhile, but I regularly incorporate different segments of it with my other workouts. That's one thing I like about how Cathe has designed her programs, you can piece different workouts together to create a nice variety of workouts!

Jo :)

Last edited:
MDolfiniReed:

I just decided on January 2nd to do a Cross Train Express rotation for 6-weeks (with modifications). So today was day 3 of week 1 for me.

How cool that we're doing this rotation together!

It's such a great series!

Becky

I just made it through the 6th day of cross train express. First time through. I love the variety on this dvd--it definitely kept my brain totally engaged every day while I was working out. I love the music that Cathe uses on these workouts and the diversity of the step choreography. I hadn't done any kick box before I got this 2 dvd series and I've discovered that I really like the kick box routine. I'm not terribly graceful at it, but it gives me a new challenge. The hi-lo aerobics really kicks butt too. Can't believe I used to do that stuff all the time years ago. I was just happy to make it through the 10 minutes of hi-lo on 10-10-10. WooWee! :)

Cross Train Express and Circuit Max are my absolute favorites, although a bit dated.

10-10-10 is killer!

so which one is

More advanced, 4DS or CTX? I was thinking about getting one or the other for my birthday in March.

I'm slowly building up my Cathe library of dvds and am more of a beginner.

Arwenlong, 4DS is Four Day Split. It was the last series that Cathe put out before she embarked on STS.

Rapidbreath, it's just my opinion, but I think CTX (Cross Train Express) is the better of the two series. But 4DS is probably more advanced. Yet, there is a huge fun factor I think, in CTX.

Becky

Rapidbreath, it's just my opinion, but I think CTX (Cross Train Express) is the better of the two series. But 4DS is probably more advanced. Yet, there is a huge fun factor I think, in CTX.

Becky

ITA that CTX is the better of the 2 series. The CTX cardio is more intense (w/ the possible exception of 4DS bootcamp). The step choreography is easier to follow but gets you seriously sweaty in 30 minutes. The CTX KB workout doesn't have a 13 minute "warm up". Leaner Legs is beyond awesome--Cathe's use of deadlifts and calf raises as active recovery for the quads and glutes is brilliant. Power Circuit is a fun, 30 minute Lower Body circuit. You get 4 tough, varied ab workouts, plus the UB routines are effective and do-able. Lastly, Cathe is SO MUCH FUN in this series. She's cute and giggly and the back up crew looks great too. You may have to watch your knees because Cathe does a lot of power 7s and 15s but those can be easily modified.

I never do the weight work in 4 DS. IMO, nobody looks like they are having fun in it. :( I NEED fun if I'm going to work that hard...:p

More advanced, 4DS or CTX? I was thinking about getting one or the other for my birthday in March.

I'm slowly building up my Cathe library of dvds and am more of a beginner.

For cardio, I think CTX is harder, more intense. However, CTX has too many step cardio whereas 4DS has more cardio variety. Look around Amazon marketsellers -- you could get used DVDs cheaper.

Leaner Legs is Tough!

I just did Leaner Legs this weekend, and it does not let up. You really work hard! Then, when you are fried, you're done. 36 minutes of torture but then you are so happy!

I'm planning to continue with the 30-minute cardio CTX workouts along with STS (on non-STS days). I find them very intense. My plan is STS one day, then CTX cardio and stretch on the next day.

CTX is really a fun series. I also did 10-10-10 this weekend and smiled during the hi-lo section where Cathe is doing a mambo and yelling "yeah!" You can tell she is really having fun.

I definitely am glad I have this series in my collection.
Dawn

I prefer CTX Too!

Arwenlong, 4DS is Four Day Split. It was the last series that Cathe put out before she embarked on STS.

Becky

I love CTX. It is a classic Cathe and so much more fun than 4 Day Split.

I prefer the music in 4 Day Split to CTX, but I still prefer CTX.

4 day split thoughts

ITA that CTX is the better of the 2 series. The CTX cardio is more intense (w/ the possible exception of 4DS bootcamp). The step choreography is easier to follow but gets you seriously sweaty in 30 minutes. The CTX KB workout doesn't have a 13 minute "warm up". Leaner Legs is beyond awesome--Cathe's use of deadlifts and calf raises as active recovery for the quads and glutes is brilliant. Power Circuit is a fun, 30 minute Lower Body circuit. You get 4 tough, varied ab workouts, plus the UB routines are effective and do-able. Lastly, Cathe is SO MUCH FUN in this series. She's cute and giggly and the back up crew looks great too. You may have to watch your knees because Cathe does a lot of power 7s and 15s but those can be easily modified.

I never do the weight work in 4 DS. IMO, nobody looks like they are having fun in it. :( I NEED fun if I'm going to work that hard...:p

Cathe and the cast look like they are really having fun in CTX.

I agree - the tension in the air in 4 day split is very noticeable for me personally.

Boot Camp in 4 Day Split is a walk through workout hell.

How do Cathe and the cast do all that?

I especially dislike those fast feet shuffles in Boot Camp.

And I don't like the tricep dips on the Stability Ball. I modify that by not using the stability ball. I add extra work to the dips by crossing one leg over the other, working each leg rather than the stability ball.

I don't like the lower body workout in KickBox. CTX's lower body work seems much safer and effective.

I do love both step portions of 4 day split. The choreography is so much fun, esp. in the Higher Step Portion. It is odd I don't mind those fast feet shuffles the way I dislike them in Boot Camp.

I have 4DS but have not yet tried it. Today I did the upper body split from cross train express. By the time I get to the shoulder segment, my arms usually are screaming, but that is the point. Last week, when I did xtrain, 6 days straight (from Tuesday through Sunday), the last day for me was leaner legs. OHMYGOSH! I'm still feeling it. I'm wondering how leaner legs compares with Hardcore Gym Style Legs?

Remember when we used to call it "Meaner Legs"? :) There's a reason!

I also love the ab work in CTX. Maybe I'm getting old, but I like all the old ab work (crunches and planks) over some of the new stuff (pikes on the ball, levations, etc.) But it's probably because I can't do any of the new stuff. LOL

I do find myself smiling through the grimmaces during this workout. It's really fun!

Tomorrow is the 6th and final day of week 1 for me!!

Becky

well, now you've all got me interested

I've been searching some new Cathe workouts, and you all have got me interested in CTX. I'm going to preview the w/o to see what's got you all raving about this! :cool:

I have 4DS and there is just something about it that I dread. The best part for me is the warm up on the lower intensity step workout. Otherwise, I can't get excited about the weight workouts nor the kickboxing. Someone may have got it right when she said that no one looks like they're having fun. Unfortunately, I'm right there with 'em!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.