Circuit Max - A Cardio Tape!?

Katerchen

Cathlete
I have been doing the Firm's Cardio Tapes with 8 or 10 lbs dumbells and have no problem staying in my target heart rate zone and I do not feel any pain. I am doing CM with 5/8 lbs and therefore I am considering it a cardio tape because it does not build muscles. If I am using a weight tape the next day I am using a lot heavier weights and do more push-ups. So why can't CM be just a Cardio Tape?

yes. i have put Circuit max into my Cardio category vs. weight category after the last run-through.

For Circuit Max, I use heavier weights for most of the weight sequences than the cast uses. Specifically for the lower body.

Amy

I too consider Circuit Max more of a cardio tape. I keep the weights the same weight as Cathe uses, just in order to keep the heart rate up.

Terri

I've never really thought about it that way before, but I'm doing a rotation right now using CM as a strength day, and I'm seriously considering moving it to the cardio category, but since this is my first rotation after a lengthy hiatus, it is still fitting pretty well into the strength/endurance category.

Stacy

Whoa!

If you guys are using Circuit Max for a cardio tape, what do you use for cardio + sculpt tapes????

I can't imagine using anything heaveier than #5 and # 8. Even Cathe remarks in the video, "These #8's are kickin' butt!"

Xena Warrior Princesses :)

Hi there,
I have always used Circuit Max for what I thought it was supposed to be--a light strength training endurance workout. I count it as a cardio and weight day.
Cruncholi

I too regard Circuit Max as a cardio/weight video. Not heavy weight training, but the type of weight training that promotes cross training and muscular development by using intense cardio and light weights. Like Body Max -- Circuit Max seems to build endurance.

No matter how one views Circuit Max, I LOVE it and include it in my rotations!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.