Christi Taylor Floor Aerobics Videos

fitandslim

hi,

i have most of Cathe's tapes on DVD but i would like to try other instructors for a change. i have heard so much about Christi Taylor and the reviews ive read were very positive. everyone seems to enjoy the songs and music she puts into her videos.
i have never tried her videos but would like to. i dont think i can keep up with her complex choreography step videos- for now. however, i would like to try her floor aerobics videos. i would like to know if her floor aerbobics videos are also complex and intricate. can anyone offer advice. i know she has 3 recent highly rated videos - Hi/Lo Heaven, Happy Hour Hi-Lo and Still Jumpin. please advice which of these videos offer moderate choreography as opposed to frustrating choreography. help!

I know there are alot of people out there who like Christi Taylor, but I dont happen to be one of them. I did have her Still Jumpin' and when previewing it, I thought I was really going to like it. Her music is great, but no matter how hard I try I just dont like dancey choreography whatsoever. In addition to being too dancey for my taste I thought her moves were a little too complex. Granted, I could've substituted moves and I did try that, but I found that I had to substitute way too many athletic moves for her dancey moves that I just decided it wasnt worth it. That being said, if you like dancey choreography with upbeat music, I'd say give Christi a try.

:)Stacy

hi stacy

thanks for ur response! actually i do not like dancy and complex choreography myself. however, some reviews i read says that her floor aerobics tapes are not that complicated. but ill take ur word for it. i dont want to waste $20 bucks on a tape i would hardly use. what other tapes do u use other than cathe's?

I like her floor ones...

...my current favorite is HiLo Heaven. She is different than Cathe, a little more complex (but not too bad) and certainly less intense. I use Christi tapes on days when I want something 'light' (but still a workout!) and different.

Joanna

I have Happy Hour Hi-Lo, and the other two you mentioned are coming here for Christmas. For some reason I just find Christi very down to earth and fun to work out with. I didn't find the choreography on Happy Hour Hi-Lo too tough; it took about three run throughs to be able to dance it fairly decently--as opposed to the two weeks of frustration it took me to get any kind of handle on her step section on CIA 9801 (fun, but my brain was fried!). Happy Hour is pretty high impact though, lots of hopping and jumping around. I can only do it a couple times a month as I find it hard on my old legs--just a warning. --Karen

As far as other floor workouts, I of course use Cathe's CardioKicks and her floor section on MIC. Besides Cathe, I have found very few floor tapes that I enjoy. I do like Karen Voights Power Packed Workout (or is it Energy Sprint?? I like both, but it slips my mind which of those is the floor tape). I also dont think the Crunch's Master Class is too bad either. I also have 2 of Franny Bennedetto (hoped I spelled that right) of CIA's videos. Ive previewed them but havent done them yet. From my preview they dont look as dancey as Christi.

:) Stacy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.