Chin-up/Pull-up Bar

stayfit1

Cathlete
Greetings Everbody!

I received P90X, but have been busy with a Cathe rotation. I'm looking forward to starting P90X, but I don't have a Chin-up or Pull-up Bar. Will I be missing a major part of the workout by not having
this piece of equipment?

I've looked at the website for Door Gym, but have not ordered it as of yet. It may have to be a X-mas list item.

Thank You for your input.

Dianne

Dianne-
I put the Home /Door Gym on my Xmas list just today. I am in week 3 of P90X and use my green band over my door.... I have have DOMS after every back workout w/ this method. I just didnt want to have one in my bedroom as it already looks like Golds Gym.... Because I'm not looking to build my back to olympic status I think the door gym will suffice as I get stronger. Just my personal opinion:)

Dianne:

If you have a band, you can still do the workouts. I have a Bowflex machine and a Door Gym. I started out using the Bowflex until I built up my back muscles a bit as I've never focused on them enough. Now I'm using the Door Gym with a chair for an assist and have even managed to squeeze out a couple pull-ups without the chair. For me, I just want to conquer pull-ups, but if you are happy to just use a band, that's no problem.

BTW, I got my Door Gym at a Play It Again Sports super cheap and it was already put together.

I'm on my second week of P90X. The first week I didn't have the chin up bar and I used the banks. I looped it around the armrail of my treadmill and sat on the floor. It worked well. My advice, use a heavy band. Once I did that I felt it more. I have the bar now. It was about $20 at Dick's. I have use my bench to put my foot on as I'm not strong enough to do a pull up unassisted. Some day!!!

Buffy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.