Cathe Workout question from a newbie!

cherimac

Cathlete
Hello! I've been exercising for 12 years or so but lately bored with the same ole stuff-now I've found Cathe! I've recently purchased the Intensity and Body Blast series. I do love step, never done much kick boxing. What should I get next? What is the CTX series like? Or should I just hold out and get the hardcores a few at a time as I can afford them? Got a birthday coming up so I'll have some money to spend.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

I have the ctx series and love it. It's a series of 6 shorter workouts. Each work out has 30 minutes of cardio along with a weight section that focuses on one upper body part per cardio. Some have abs also. Then there is an all Leg work out. The dvd also has a compilation of all of the upper body work in one work out and does the same with the abs work so you actually get 8 work outs in this set. It's great...extremely versatile...great if you are short on time, but can also be mixed and matched to make a longer work out if you wish.

Cathe also has the other dvds that are not part of any series...older work outs but they still get rave reviews! And then, ofcourse, there is HARD CORE! I can't comment on hardcore...I preordered only lowmax and stretchmax and do not have them yet. I am going to wait to order the rest of them. I'm sure they are quite tough and I am still new to Cathe so I'm not ready for all of them quite yet! ;)

I know it's a tough decision to pick what to buy but don't fret...eventually you will have all of them! Seems to be the way things work here in Cathe-land! lol :D }( :D

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img][/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

I vote for holding out and getting the Hardcores a few at a time. You might as well just work some OT and get ready to buy everything. Once you get started, it is like a sickness....you can't stop!

Have fun!!! :D

>
>. You might as well just work some OT and get ready to buy
>everything. Once you get started, it is like a sickness....you
>can't stop!
>
>Have fun!!! :D

Thanks for all your help guys! The problem is that I'm a stay at home homeschooling mom of three-do you see why I like to workout?!:) Anyway, my husband could maybe work the OT}( ?

CTX is an excellent series because you can mix and match what cardio and weight work out you want to do. Her Body Max, which is an older DVD is a killer. This is a full cardio/body/weight workout about 1-1/2 but is worth it at the end. If you purchase the DVD it is on the Power Hour DVD (which includes, PH, MIS and Body Max all of these workouts are great). Also her Cardio Kicks is a fun kickboxing exercise, incorporating high and low intensity drills. I definately recommend it.

But one this is for sure, once you get Cathe's DVD's and look at the rest on the market, her's is far superior and superb in every way. I see other workout DVD's that are just now trying to come up to par in this retrospect, but they still have quite a ways to go.

JMHO

I like the ctx series also. I love Step & Intervals and the All Abs section she has in that series.

However...I also REALLY like Rhythmic Step. I can never decide whether RS or SB (Step Blast) is my favorite aerobic workout. I'll do SB, and it's my favorite workout, then I'll do RS and it's my favorite workout. So, if you really like the cardio, maybe give the RS/Imax/MIC DVD a look before you buy the CTX or Hard Core.

And, by the way, I'm with you. I worked out for years and was getting so BORED with it all...then I found Cathe and my dedication to exercise has reached a new height. It's exciting and challenging again! Nowadays, I can't go for more than a couple of weeks without going through my exercise notebook, revamping my rotations, analyzing my workouts, and contemplating which workout to buy next.

I definitely agree! Get the Hardcore series next!! I loooove CTX but it is a little dated compared to her new stuff!

Good luck!

Dani :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.