Cathe Stability Ball?

SB4ASL

Hi all,

I have a question about the stability ball. I have two stability balls (the Firm one and the balancing ball from Beachbody. Can I use one of them for STS? Or am I better off getting the one from Cathe since it is burst resistance (not sure if the Firm one is burst resistance?) I would hate to have 3 balls already, but I will buy one from Cathe if you think it is better than the other two balls.

TIA!
Stephanie

I guess the main issue would be whether or not they are burst resistant. Because in STS you are lifting heavy weights sometimes on the ball and the last thing you would want is it to burst whilst holding heavy wts :confused: So if the one's you have are not burst resistant, I would get one that is. HTH!!

You're right, it would make more sense to buy Cathe Stability Ball because I sure don't want one of my balls to pop while exercising. I am debating about which size I should get... 55 cm or 65 cm? I am 5'4", I think 55 cm is for 5'4 or below and 65 cm for 5'4" or above, so I am right in the middle? I have tried the 55 cm but not sure if I need 65 cm. Anyone who is 5'4", should I get 55 cm or 65 cm?

Stephanie

Stephanie, I am 5'6 and I got the 55cm ball. It works fine for me. I guess everyone is a bit different. I have a bigger ball too, but I like the 55 cm best. HTH!

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for letting me know. :) Now I am off to order some DVDs and stability ball to get the free shipping.

Stephanie

I am 5'4" and have really short legs and prefer a 65 cm ball. I feel like my knees are too high when I sit on a 55cm ball, but they work about the same when you are laying on it.

I am 5'4" and have really short legs and prefer a 65 cm ball. I feel like my knees are too high when I sit on a 55cm ball, but they work about the same when you are laying on it.

I need to replace my ball. it keeps losing (or is it loosing I see loosing a lot :p) air. So i think I will go with the 65cm as well.

LOL at your signature line Dragonfly because I have a cousin who has been BOTH :eek: :confused:.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233_1223580596075.gif

I'm 5'5" and I have a 55 cm and a 65 cm stability ball. I started with the 55 cm ball and decided it was too small so I bought the 65 cm one. I like the 65 cm ball better but it tends to lose air quickly. It was the cheaper of the two, so it figures that it won't hold the air for more than a couple of days. At some point I will replace it with a better quality ball--

In the end, I think what size stability ball is a matter of personal preference.
~michelle

I recall using some random stability ball when I first started working out with Cathe and I couldn't do a pike to save my soul. When someone here told me an upgrade on the ball quality might help... yow. Complete difference!!! I'd say go get a Cathe ball. ;)

Of course, I don't have either of the ones you currently have, so what do I know?? I am 5'2" and have both a 55 and 65 because I really wanted that green one because it was green... oy. :) The 55cm is the right size for me but it's not as pretty.

Hi all,

I have a question about the stability ball. I have two stability balls (the Firm one and the balancing ball from Beachbody. Can I use one of them for STS? Or am I better off getting the one from Cathe since it is burst resistance (not sure if the Firm one is burst resistance?) I would hate to have 3 balls already, but I will buy one from Cathe if you think it is better than the other two balls.

TIA!
Stephanie

I plan to buy the pink Cathe stability ball since my daughter is now working out and we both need a stability ball when we work out together.

I'm 5'4" and have both. I prefer the smaller one for everything except when doing any exercises where I just sit on the ball, like if I were doing seated curls on the ball, I prefer the bigger one, but for the side lying work, incline work, and pushups with the ball, I like the smaller one. So if I could have only 1, it would be the smaller one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.