Cardio & Weights?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I just ordered an IMAX2 DVD to replace my IMAX2 VHS, & I had to get C&W too. What do you guys think of this w/o? What's the cardio like? Is there a cardio premix & if yes, how long? Any other interesting details? Thanks!

I like Cardio & Weights. It has moderate choreography which is easy to pick up but not so basic that it's boring. Music is good although you'll be hearing Buttercup over and over in your head all day. There is compound work for weights. I usually use around 8#. I think there's 5 step combos.

Timesaver Compound &Heavy Weights 36 min
Timesaver Upper Body Heavy Weights 18 min
Cardio and Compound Weights 48 min
C&W Time Saver Step 35 min

Marcy

I love Cardio & Weights! I rarely do it as produced, but I love the cardio for a day I'm short on time/don't feel like working out. It's not super tough, but I find it super fun. And, at 35 minutes I can squeeze it in if I've overslept or something.

The weight work is fine, but nothing spectacular. There's light leg work. The ab section is superb, though, one of my all-time favorites. Walking soldier planks at the end are brutal. I think you'll like it.

anne

Thanks a lot. Now I'll be singing Buttercup for the rest of the day. :p

Good info, thanks guys. Sounds like it has good cardio when I'm short on time. You know what else does that I love? Step Heat. The second section of that w/o is still one of my favorites. :)

I'm not a huge fan of circuit workouts, but C&W is one of my Cathe favorites! The ab section is the absolute best!!!:)

Hope you like it, too!

I say ditto to what Anne said also. Love the cardio for days when I don't feel like working out, and love the ab work.

C&W is what turned me onto Cathe so it has a special place. It used to kill me at first but now its my go to, need to feel good about myself circuit workout. It's not killer but it hits everything.

C&W

Laura -

I really like the cardio-only portion of this work out. I use it when I do a long cardio workout.

Here is my favorite combo:

Warm-up from LIS (gotta love those hip-hops)
Finished Product from LIS (2xs for about 7 minutes of work)
3 combos and finished product from HIS (about 21 minutes)
All 4 combos from C&W (about 26 minutes)

This gives a nice variety of work coming in at 55+ minutes of stepping.

Plus the abs are a great workout for a short time investment.

Have fun.

Debbie Russo

Great workout!

Laura, I just had to chime in even though the others already told you what you needed to know. It's fun and worth the money just for the ab section alone! I use it when I've had a break from exercise for whatever reason, cuz it hits everything.

Susan

I like this one too! I fit it in between the harder workouts like ME and IMAX2. It is a good workout - but not so intense - and has good upper body training. Every workout can't be killer if I want to work out 5 - 6 days a week. So this fits the bill!!!

C&W

I just did this one over the weekend and it was like visiting an old friend. I haven't done it for a while, but it sure was a lot of fun. You can make the weight work as hard or easy as you want. I did it as produced, but sometimes I add a set of push or pull ups before each weight segment to increase the intensity.

Tracy

I just ordered an IMAX2 DVD to replace my IMAX2 VHS, & I had to get C&W too. What do you guys think of this w/o? What's the cardio like? Is there a cardio premix & if yes, how long? Any other interesting details? Thanks!

Looks like your questions have been answered but I just wanted to chim in here and say I LOVE CARDIO & WEIGHTS...one of my favorites. I love circuits anyway but C&W is my favorite!

Everyone's enthusiasm for C&W is inspiring. I'm working at home today, but it's time for my exercise break. Looks like C&W is going to be the choice today. This will be my first try with C&W but I've watched it a couple of times. I'm psyched!
~michelle

Cardio and Weights is one of my favorite circuit workouts. It does not wipe me out, but I still feel worked out.

And the ab portion rocks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.