Cardio Suggestions

sunshinegirl

Cathlete
Hello,

I need some new cardio dvd's. I've been doing Imax 2 and 3 for awhile and now I find that all my other dvd's seem too easy....including Rythmic Step. Maybe it's that high intensity rush that I'm hooked on or the fact that they are not add on style, which I get bored with after I learn it. What other high intensity dvd's would you suggest?

Thanks

Hello,

I need some new cardio dvd's. I've been doing Imax 2 and 3 for awhile and now I find that all my other dvd's seem too easy....including Rythmic Step. Maybe it's that high intensity rush that I'm hooked on or the fact that they are not add on style, which I get bored with after I learn it. What other high intensity dvd's would you suggest?

Thanks

I definitely recommend BodyMax 2 (Power Circuits are killer!), DrillMax is quite challenging. Do you own LIC? This is a fun and GOOD workout for the lower legs, etc. What I really like too is the great choice of premixes on BM2 and LIC. Hope this helps!

Another vote for Drill Max. BM2 is another good option, although I don't reach for it as much because I don't like some of the songs. Cardio Fusion isn't talked about much, but a good way to combine Drill Max, BM2 and LIC in one fun workout. LIC is probably one of my favorites - love the music!

Another vote for BM2 and Drill Max. Though these have lots of weight work in them, they have some killer premixes. They both have "scrambled cardio" premixes that combine step, intervals and drills. I do both of those for alternatives to the Imax's.

Jo

Hi,

I'd definitely vote for BM2, Drill Max, and my fave is Terminator. Terminator has three workouts on it from the Intensity series. It definitely is challenge and will kick your butt but good. It's a goodie, as Cathe would say!:p Also, another goodie is Hardcore Extreme, its another compliation workout and its really awesome how they are put together to make new workouts. I still love Terminator as my go to butt kicking I'll do once in a while, BM2, and Drill Max are also excellent and great plateau busters.

I hope that helps!

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:
What they said.

Body Max 2's power circuit step routines and Drill Max's cardio drills are some of my most reached-for routines.

I also like Terminator's "Gauntlet" workout, which is a great salad of Boot Camp floor cardio and leg drills and I-Max 2 and Cardio & Weights stuff.

A-Jock

The other posters gave you some great suggestions, but here's some more if you'd like...

Maximum Intensity Cardio ( MIC) is a tough one... its older, but pretty challenging.

Also, BodyMax 1 is pretty tough too if you only do the cardio segment. I hadn't done this one in a long time and pulled it out yesterday.. it was a toughie!

Lastly, if you have the CTX series, you could pair up two of those cardio segments for a longer intense workout. I love the cardio from this series.. its fun and challenging!

Take care, Lynn M.

Thank you so much for your replies! Once you start doing high intensity it's hard to go back down to basic step. I've been viewing clips of your suggested videos and now I just need to decide.....I want them all!! LOL

suggestions

Are you doing them with 8 inches? I mean two sets of risers. Also, in some ways I find RS to be easier in some ways than some of the other wo.

LIC will be too easy for you. I'm more of a beginner and I use 6 inches for that. If you are way beyond RS already, I don't think that LIC will be hard enough or enough of a challenge.

I think maybe one of the compilation dvds might be the way to go. Terminator might do it.

KB usually doesn't cut it for me. How about jump rope? Ever tried weighted hula hoop? I hear that can be fun. Although, it does take space and a hoop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.