Can someone share a generic Cathe rotation w/ me?

stephanie932

Cathlete
I'm back......w/ another Cathe rotation question.

I'm almost done with my BS/BF rotation (1 more week to go) and since beginning I have acquired many of her workouts, but not enough to incorporate one of her rotations from this forum. Is there a generic rotation that I can follow to "ease" my way in with Cathe's advanced workouts since I'm just coming off her beginner/intermediate workouts? I work out 6 days a week....so should I do a step workout, strength, step, strength (I get all mixed up w/ what is AWT, circuit, interval..etc.) through the week or do you build in a stretch day? What about adding in other workouts that aren't Cathe? Is that okay?

I guess I'm just flustered because now I have all these new Cathe workouts and don't have a clue what to do with them. Should I save and come up with all the workouts in a series so I can do a Cathe rotation? Yowzaaaaaaa......I'm just full of questions, as my mind is swimming with them.....lol

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great!!! :)

~Stephanie~

"Happiness is knowing what you are doing next without me saying it!" - Cathe

Hi Stephanie,

A rotation is just a way of working your program with the workouts that you have. You need to have fun and be consistant to get results. Some feel rotations require too much time & structure. This may not be fun for them and they just do whatever they feel like doing. If you want to do a rotation think about your goals. What do you want to work on? What do you want to achieve with your workouts? Yes there are generic rotations. You can just plug things in once you decide what you want.

Plan out your week (some go for more than 7 days).

Include strength, cardio, and flexability. How much, depends on your goals.

Include rest days. Very important for progress and injury prevention.

When your body stops responding, change things up.

For strength, incorporate one type of workout at a time. Give yourself time to see how your body responds to a workout.

For cardio, cross train to avoid overuse injuries.

It is ok to use other instructors or substitute like workouts.

You don't have to buy a series unless you just want to. Again, just substitute a like workout.

Keep things simple at first. Eventually, you'll find what you like and what works for you. You will see what you need to work on and your goals will change.

Have fun,
jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.