Callanetics

asianj

does anyone do these tapes
if so did you get results and if so which tapes did you use
i went to amazon.com and almost everyone there revieving the tapes loved it and got great results i want to see if anyone here uses them

thanks
joanna

Yes, I did these back in high school when I hardly ever worked out and they were way to easy even then. If you do Cathe, you won't like these. I don't think they are meant for someone who exercized regularly or does advanced tapes. I think they are more for people who just want a really easy tape so they can say they are at least doing something. I really don't see how anyone can get great results from them.

Sorry, I know that sounds a little harsh, but I just really thought these tapes were a joke.

I do Cathe and Callanetics and one is just as hard as the other. Form in Callanetics is everything. It works deeply and quickly. Callanetics lifts and shapes the glutes like squats and lunges never will. The original Callanetics video is great. The Quick videos are good if you want to concentrate on a bodypart or don't have an hour for the original. Super Callanetics is hard to find. It goes beyond the original. You can almost watch your shape change it happens so quickly. My husband noticed changes on my hips after only two workouts. Try it and see if it works for you. We're all different and what works for me might not work for you.

I did Callanetics years ago (I still have the book and video).

At the time, I really liked it and found that my bottom and thighs shaped up and I became much more flexible. However, now I know more about exercise, I don't think that Callanetics provides a balanced routine - there is almost nothing for the upper body. And she works quads but not hamstrings - she does an unusual exercise that is sort of like very slow sissy squats where you are up on your toes. You use only your body weight, but it is slow, and I have never done any other exercise that made my quads burn as much! I can only liken it to the burn I get from calf raises. My quads developed a really nice shape (but not my hamstrings!)

The bottom/hip exercises also work.... I don't really understand how though, because the movements are very small, not full range movements that you do in traditional exercises. And, the ab work is very advanced and difficult.

The stretches are definitley worth doing - she has a background in ballet, and she holds the stretches for a long time. I remember finding the whole routine quite relaxing.

Overall, I think it would be good to learn the Callentics exercises that you are interested in, and incorporate them into a more balanced schedule.

Sharon
x

thanks you everyone for you honest answers
i still dont know if i'll try callanetics but at least now i have some opinions

thank you
joanna

.....Oh and the original book has lots of before and after pictures of peoples bottoms! It's worth getting the book just for that!!

I an a Firm, Cathe, Callanetics, Lotte Berk,T-tapp and pilates user/lover! All of these workouts work the body differently and are great. What I don't get from Cathe, I get from the other alternative workouts. I've just recently gotten into Callentics, and I must say, I really like it. Callanetics has some great stretches; what it lacks in upper body, I make up using Cathe, Firm or T-Tapp tapes. In fact, this month, I'm going to do two traditional weight workouts (using no weights on lower body) and the rest of the week I will do an alternative workout.

They all work for me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.