Butts & Gutts or GS leg?

stuckintx

I need help on deciding on B&G or GS legs. I am 5'2" and my legs tend to get bulky so I need a video that will create long lean legs instead of stalky legs. I have L&G which I like but I need a change. I used to do Kathy Smith Ulitmate Stomach and Thighs and that gave me great results but it's so BORING! Since I've discovered Cathe I can't handle boring any more. Can someone please tell me which one would be better for me? Thanks!

I just did Butts and Guts. It makes my knees hurt but the floorwork is great and lots of people like the ab work. Haven't done GS Legs in a long time but I seem to remember liking it. It's just been a while. Do you have the Pyramids?

I love Butts and Guts. I don't dislike GS Legs, it's a good workout. I do it every now and then and when I'm doing a Gym Styles rotation. But if I'm not doing any set rotation and I just want to do a leg/butt work, the DVDs I grab most are B&G and L&G.

I love the standing exercises especially b/c they don't use a lot of heavy weight so I won't bulk up. There are several unweighted exercises too, but that doesn't mean they're easy! I did just the standing portion two days ago and I'm still feelin' it. The floor work is great too, I'll often tack that on after running.

Can't forget to mention the ab routines - love them. Can you tell which DVD I like better? ;)

No, I don't have the pyramids but I've considered getting that also. Thanks so much for your response. I think I will order B&G. I was thinking about getting KM also. The leg drills on that one look real affective.

Another vote for B&G. To me, it seems more like a muscle endurance-type workout. However, the floor work in GS legs is a killer!

Another vote for Butts and Guts

Gotta go with Butts and Guts...love the way I feel after I battle my way through this whole workout! :D

I know the answer to this one! I know! I know! It is - both :eek::eek::eek:

Truly, my favorite workouts for legs are Butts/Guts and CTX Leaner Legs. I love the upper body gym styles and pyramids, but the leg workouts for both of those just don't seem to have the (pardon me) kick of BG and LL. I'd put Gym Styles legs as third. However, the purpose of BG isn't exactly the same as the legs exercises - it really gets the glutes, not necessarily as much for the lower part of the legs; you may want to pair it with a dvd that focuses entirely on legs.

BTW, do you do kickbox? I have found that to be a very nice way to add a balanced amount of muscle to the legs, so even more so than strength training.

Last edited:
I have to say Gym Style legs. I think that butts and gutts has more options, .. esp with core work but Gym Style covers every single muscle in your leg and really defines the muscles. Also a lot of the exercises in gym style legs require your core to stabablize so you end up working your core like it or not. The band and ball work in the floor excersizes really work and are tuff but fun. The gals look really great and seem to be having fun in it. Butts and Gutts is great but I hate pizza presses and it seems a bit on the long side. The really long side over 1 hour.

Hello

I love both workouts. :)
I vote for Butts and guts. I do this workout almost every week. ;)

Timea

I don't have GS Legs (but am thinking of getting it) but I personally can't stand Butts and Guts. The split squats or whatever they are called with one leg forward and the back foot up on the step kill my lower back which just puts me in a bad mood all day. Because my back aches quickly in it I don't do it very often. However I do like the walking lunges and the firewalkers. I am sure I will get flamed for not liking this workout :-( Sorry to be such a downer.

These are really are two different workouts. Whenever I do B&G I am really sore in the butt area like no other workout - but I don't feel it in the quads and hams and calves as much. When I haven't done GS legs in a while I usually can't walk right due to sore hams and calves and inner thighs. Both are great and both will "round" out your training - but in a good way. (sorry could't resist pun)

I recommened Butts and Guts over GS Legs anyday. For a great leg workout then GS Legs and for a toughy then Butts and Guts.

Since your legs bulk easily I'd go for B&G. I have B&G and GS Legs and consider them both worth having though. They are both tough workouts.

Hi-

B&G is mostly a glute workout, GS Legs is a wellrounded "allover" leg workout, so it depends on what you want to focus on.

When I first got B&G, I did it 1x/week for about 8 weeks in a row..love it! The upside, my butt and hamstrings really saw some good improvements. The downside is that I lost strength in my quads and definition in my calves. ( I only work legs 1x/week so adding another day of leg training isn't in my cards.)

The upside of GS Legs is that it hits a little bit of everything and is fairly challenging too.It has a great variety of exercises, so the fun factor is definitely there.

I do think B&G is harder, but mostly because so much of the focus is butt/hammies, with not alot of rest between sets.

There is also the ab workouts in B&G which while aren't my favorite, are pretty decent.

Make sure you post to tell what you decide.. Really you can't go wrong w/ either, but they definitely have different focuses.

Take care, Lynn M.

Butts&Guts pr GS Legs

Okay, I ordered GS legs and I also ordered the pyramids. I know that I will get Butts & Guts in time. I also want to get Kick Max. Thanks for everyone's input, you were a lot of help!

LOL! love your user name, "stuckintx" know what ya mean. i'm not from tx, but have lived here most of my life and i will be here forever.( "sigh" ) married a 7th generation texan. where are you? i'm in new braunfels.
cathy

LOL! love your user name, "stuckintx" know what ya mean. i'm not from tx, but have lived here most of my life and i will be here forever.( "sigh" ) married a 7th generation texan. where are you? i'm in new braunfels.
cathy

I am in Wylie about 20 minutes east of Dallas. I moved here a couple of years ago from California and I miss it. My whole family is in California but Texas has been good to us. I'm just a little lonely.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.