Butts and Guts?

KissedbySunshine

Hi everyone,

Question. Im currently trying (for time number 2) to do a P90X rotation. But Im not happy with the Legs and Back routine. Back is challenging but the lowerbody doesn't seem to be too difficult for the most part.

Is Butts and Guts a suitable alternative? I know it's "Butts" but is it a comprehensive lower body work out? I've done it a bunch of times but I never thought to think that it might cause imbalance due to it's lack of quad work. Is it worth trading for?

I think it would be a great one to sub in. If you feel like you want more quad work just add in some at the end on your own.
Mix it up by picking a pre-mix some week.

I haven't done P90X, but I think Butts and Guts would be fine. It's one of my favorites. In fact I just did the standing portion last night and am really feeling it today. I think it's an all-around good leg/butt workout as my glutes, thighs and hamstrings are super sore today.

The P90X Legs and Back are pretty easy. We'll the legs are easy; the back portion is all pull ups which I can't do in my apartment anyway due to low ceiling and weak archways, so I normally do rows or something in replace of it. But I can't always sub another DVD back workout the next day or skip it completely which is fine.

Thanks for the advice! I like Butts and Guts better than the other lower body work outs (I haven't done GS Legs, and I didn't like L&G that much, it was challenging but I got bored after a while). So B&G might be the way to go. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.