Burning 700-900 Calories with The Gauntlet

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Hi All -

I just wanted to say that The Terminator DVD is the best I've done so far! I have a Polar HRM, and I am burning between 700 - 900 calories everytime I do the Gauntlet! (Depending on how much energy I have to keep it all high intensity!)

Depending on the workout, I usually burn anywhere from 400 to 600, but the Gauntlet kicks my butt!

My husband always asks before my workouts, "Is it time to bring on the pain?!" He likes to peek in on all my workouts, but the Gauntlet is the one that he says makes him nautious. lol.

I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a serious cardio/strength burn!

:eek:

Last edited:
ok, i'm previewing this workout as i type this. i'm ashamed to admit that i have had this dvd for almost 3 yrs and have yet to do ANY of the workouts on it. but this is going to change as of tomorrow as i'm going to do the gauntlet:) my body responds soooooo well to circuit style workouts like this one. i'll let you know how it goes. pray for me LOL

I've had this DVD for a couple of years and have only done the other 2 workouts. After your post, I tried this last night. I only eked out 601 calories, but I am really little so I think that has a lot to do with it. I was soaking wet and even had a fan on me. I was shaky like Jello when I was done! I kept thinking...seriously, one more step segment????

LOL
Heather

what about the viper?

nicolegadino - How many cals do you burn with the Viper by chance (if you've done that one with the HR monitor)?

Thanks
Heather

I've had this DVD for several months & have yet to pull it out. Well, I pull it out, look at it & then put it back. Once I'm done w/STS in a couple weeks, I may finally give it a try.

Calories for Viper

Ok, did the Viper this morning. It's the first time I've done it in at least 4 months b/c of STS and the first time I have had a HR monitor to wear while doing it. I burned 723 calories with this one.

I repeated the squats portion doing plie squats the 2nd round totally forgetting (as I always do) about the million plie jacks that come in the last interval (from Imax 2 interval 9) UGH!

So, for me this one was the bigger burner. Maybe b/c the cardio segments are longer so my HR gets up and stays up for longer periods. Who knows...everyone is different right?

Either way - these are some serious workouts!!
Heather

Viper Cals

Hi Heather -

I have only done the Viper once so far, and I think I burned around 650, but I wasnt having a very high energy day. I will do it again and see where I fall at on a good day.

Sounds like you did great with it!

It will be interesting to see the calories burned the next time I do it. You might be right - could have been a VERY good day for me. LOL

Heather

Hi Heather -

I have only done the Viper once so far, and I think I burned around 650, but I wasnt having a very high energy day. I will do it again and see where I fall at on a good day.

Sounds like you did great with it!

you convinced me!

Well, thanks folks. After reading this thread and noticing that this DVD is the featured product of the week, I broke down and bought it. I love IMAX2 and BootCamp (although I only have BC on VHS), and have seen ME on FitTV. Now I can't wait to finish up my STS rotation and start working this in. So thanks for enabling me to buy yet another DVD! :)

I own all the separate dvd's on this series...do you think it's worth it to purchase this one as well?

I am sooooo happy I got this one with my 20% discount from STS cardio presale.

I've only done Viper & IMax Extreme and they are killers. Gauntlet is next on the list. Haven't used my HRM for them though - now you all got me curious.

ksg = these are great mixes and I'm not sure the separate DVD's allow for mixing. Now if you have a DVD player for 3 or more DVD's you could do it yourself but it would take a little time in between.

I think with the current discount it is one great deal and a heck of a circuit workout ! It has definitely moved to the top of my pile ! :D

I own all the separate dvd's on this series...do you think it's worth it to purchase this one as well?

I only have the Termnator, so I don't know what the others are like. I love it though. If you get it and dont like it you can sell it on ebay!

Every time I read about a particular dvd that everyone talks about, I want it! They always sound so great! I just need a really BIG birthday check this year! :eek::eek::eek:

I just ordered this one! I'm excited! How would I put it into a rotation? I want to use it in a 4 week rotation to see if I can bust through my plateau. Any ideas?

Have you searched through Cathe's rotations or those posted by FitnessFreak to see if there are any that include circuit workouts? I'd be interested to see how that would work out as well. When I did these on a regular basis, I would do 2 days of heavier weights then 1 day of a circuit - example: PH, Muscle Endurance, then Viper or LIC or BM2.

sometimes I'd split up my weights and do legs only one day, then the upper body exercises the next, then repeat, then do one cardio only then do the circuit.

Not sure if that's helpful at all LOL
Heather

I just ordered this one! I'm excited! How would I put it into a rotation? I want to use it in a 4 week rotation to see if I can bust through my plateau. Any ideas?

Lol, thanks heather!! Anything is helpful! This is what I've come up with that I'm starting tomorrow...It'll be a five week rotation

WEEK ONE:
Mon…KPC
Tues…The Viper
Wed…Rhythmic Step
Thurs…Low Impact Circuit
Fri….Cardio and Weights
Sat…45 minute steady state run plus segment one of Stretch Max
Sun…off

WEEK TWO:
Mon…..Drill Max
Tues….Imax 2
Wed…..Body Max 2
Thurs….Burn Fat Boost Metabolism
Fri….Imax Extreme
Sat…40 minute run plus segment two of Stretch Max
Sun...OFF

WEEK THREE
Mon….Drill Max
Tues….Cardio Fusion
Wed….The Gauntlet
Thurs….KPC
Fri…Cardio & Weights
Sat…30 minute Interval run plus segment three Stretch Max
Sun….OFF

WEEK FOUR
Mon….Cardio & Weights
Tues…Maximum Intensity Cardio
Wed…..Body Max 2 Boot camp Premix
Thurs…..Rhythmic Step
Fri…..Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance DVD "Everything But Core" Premix (48 Min) PLUS Abs from Muscle Endurance (9.5 Min)
Sat….KPC plus segment one from Core Max AND segment one Stretch Max
Sun....OFF

Week Five
Mon: The Gauntlet
Tues: Stretch
Wed.: The Viper
Thurs: Yoga
Fri: Imax Extreme
Sat:
[FONT=&quot]Sun: [/FONT]
I haven't come up with anything for Sat/Sun for week five haha. I guess I'll worry about that when I get there!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.