Boot camp or Drill max?

cl04d

I have several of cathes weight training dvds, and now I am looking to get some circuit ones to add in some cardio. Which one do you guys recommend? or any other suggestions welcome.

I have both and love both, but if you're looking for more cardio, you might prefer Drill Max. It has about 25 minutes of cardio interspersed throughout the six drills, and Boot Camp only has about 8 minutes in eight drills. But both of them can keep your heartrate up throughout the weighted sections and feel like a cardio workout.

I have both and love both, but if you're looking for more cardio, you might prefer Drill Max. It has about 25 minutes of cardio interspersed throughout the six drills, and Boot Camp only has about 8 minutes in eight drills. But both of them can keep your heartrate up throughout the weighted sections and feel like a cardio workout.

LOVE both of them...Probably 2 of my favorite Cathes! Get both!!! They are very different in feel ... Drill Max probably is more versatile only beacsue of all the premixes...But BC the original is still my absolute favorite DVD - Its got great premixes too & I use the Mix n Match feature to create workouts that are geared towards my goals for the day.

I'm no help at all am I???? I can rarely choose just one ! :rolleyes:

Boy, that's a toughie. Agreed, the cardio in original Boot Camp is much briefer than in Drill Max, although the DVD has a cardio-only premix that you can do a couple of times to get your duration in, as well as a cardio / legs-only premix that is a heart-chomper too. It also has core work, which Drill Max doesn't have much of at all. AND, the Boot Camp DVD has an entirely separate workout, Muscle Endurance, replete with many premixes as well as being a fine stand-alone workout.

Drill Max, on the other hand, is one of my absolute must-haves, for its cardio and . . . well, its cardio.

I'm about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine, aren't I?

My suggestion is, flip a coin, get one, and plan on getting the next one at the earliest appropriate opportunity.

A-Jock

I love both, but if I had to pick one ~ and considering you're looking for more cardio ~ I'd recommend getting Drill Max first.

Hmm, they are both terrific! My first instinct was to say Drill Max because it is so versatile and has unique drills in it. But, BC is a terrific workout that flies by and I love ME, too. I go with flip a coin and get the other ASAP!

BC is a classic. And it comes with ME. You can not go wrong with that. That said, I love DM. I hardly ever do it as is though. I mostly do premixes. I guess you'll just have to get them both :D;)

Boot Camp!

I'd go with Boot Camp! (I agree with Catherine; you get Muscle Endurance with it, which I use a couple of times a month!).

I just don't love Drill Max as much. I know I'm in the minority here, but I find the exercises difficult to perform well, although I enjoy the cardio portions (I do them in Cardio Fusion).

I also love Cathe's "you can do anything for a minute" bribe that gets me through the toughest parts of Boot Camp!

Now if only it would get me through washing dishes, folding laundry, paying bills ... :D

Both great workouts. I have a soft spot for Bootcamp because it was one of the first Cathe dvds I had that I could get through all the way and I was so proud when I did it. Drillmax has a high dread factor for me but it's so much fun! As has been said, Drillmax has more cardio. Can't make a bad choice here.

Pearlstrand - I love Boot Camp too, but I'm going to rat Cathe out:

The cardio blasts usually run between 1:15 and 1:30 minutes, NOT "A MINUTE". Does that suck or what?

Wait a minute . . . we're actually able to do anything for a minute and a half! How cool is that?

A-Jock

The cardio blasts usually run between 1:15 and 1:30 minutes, NOT "A MINUTE". Does that suck or what?
A-Jock

I KNEW IT! I just KNEW some of those blasts couldn't be only a minute! Darn that Cathe....;)

That being said, I MUCH prefer Drill Max. I can't find another workout that blasts calories as much as that one and it's just sooooo fun. Bootcamp I do NOT find fun. Just brutal. I absolutely adore Drill Max. The cardio is so awesome (but not KILLER) and the weight segments are my favorites. I would choose Drill Max in a heartbeat. One of Cathe's absolute best workouts, in my opinion.

Okay, so I totally know this is an older thread, but I was doing a search because it is exactly the question I have. I am looking to get one more circuit workout and I was trying to choose between BC/ME and DM. And you know what? You people are the worst bunch of enablers ever! :p With all your responses, I'm just going to have to get both, I guess!

Okay, so I totally know this is an older thread, but I was doing a search because it is exactly the question I have. I am looking to get one more circuit workout and I was trying to choose between BC/ME and DM. And you know what? You people are the worst bunch of enablers ever! :p With all your responses, I'm just going to have to get both, I guess!

;) WooHoo Jill! GOOD CHOICE! lol:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.