Boot camp

jnka825

Cathlete
I am thinking about getting boot camp/muscle endurance next. I have basic step and body fusion, supersets and push/pull. I am very happy with the results thus far. I want something that is going to burn, burn,burn calories and give me more definition. Is boot camp the way to go? How would you all rate this one?

Also, I have limited workout space, so I can't get a DVD that requires a lot of room, as it seems many of the step DVDs do. how is it on space?

thanks for your input!
Kristin

I love bootcamp. It is a circuit workout and alternates one minute of cardio, upper and lower body weight training, and abs. There is no step in this one, mostly kickbox and plyometrics. You will never get bored with this workout. It doesn't use very much space and is tons of fun. I don't consider it Cathe's toughest workout but I still love it. Muscle endurance is tough and will definitely challenge you, and there are great premixes. It is definitely much harder than push/pull and supersets. You can't go wrong with this DVD.

Love 'em!

I really love Muscle Endurance and do it often. It's a good workout and I like the variety.

I also like Bootcamp. It is tough, but I love the "you can do anything for one minute" approach. Makes it do-able.

I've never done the premixes, but I've read that others like them.

I really recommend them!

Last edited:
The ME/BC DVD were my very first Cathe workouts. You will LOVE them. You don't need a lot of equipment - I don't use a barbell - only dumbells for both. I also have limited space, and both of these workouts fit in my small space easily.

I have seen wonderful results from both - the BC is a great HIIT workout - I promise! and ME really works your muscles. If I could only have one DVD - this would be the one!!!

Let us know how you like it!!

thanks

thanks for yor input. I think I am going to go ahead and make this my next purchase.

Lisa, thanks for commenting on small space compatability. having limited space is such a pain, good to know I can get these down in the space I have :D

I will let you know how I liek 'em when I get them.

thanks again!

I really like this workout. And there is a great premix on this disc, incorporate both the Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance components. Definitely put it on the "to get" list!!

I agree with others and recommend these workouts. I haven't done BC as much lately as I became totally hooked on Drill Max, but until starting STS, I did ME pretty regularly. It and Muscle Max are my favorite total body workouts.

BC is very fun - I love the high energy in it!

Jo

It's so ironic you posted this message. I literally just got done previewing BC/ME and was wondering if this DVD is one to add. From the sounds of it, it most certainly is! When are you going to order? It will be interesting to see how you like it!

GREAT choice. BC SLAYS me! It has awesome premixes. Upper Body Premix, Lower Body Premix, Everything But Core Premix, Cardio Only Premix, etc...I also love ME. There is a bonus premix that uses footage from both workouts. One of Cathe's best in my opinion! For BC, go as heavy as you can during the workout while maintaining good form and it will kick your butt...it still kicks mine anyway!

This was what I got after I graduated from High Step Circuit and I loved both of the workouts on this DVD. My fitness level was a lot better than so I am back to the High Step Circuit again. Hopefully once I lose 20 pounds I can work my way back up to the Boot Camp/Muscle Endurance workouts. The side planks with the 8 pound ball just about kill me. If I could only have one exercise DVD this would have to be the one.

It's so ironic you posted this message. I literally just got done previewing BC/ME and was wondering if this DVD is one to add. From the sounds of it, it most certainly is! When are you going to order? It will be interesting to see how you like it!

I am going to buy it once I get my tax return, so hopefully by the end of next month. I will let you know. From the sound of it, it is the ass-kicking workout I need to jumpstart more weightloss and muscle definition. Can't wait to see!;)

I am going to buy it once I get my tax return, so hopefully by the end of next month. I will let you know. From the sound of it, it is the ass-kicking workout I need to jumpstart more weightloss and muscle definition. Can't wait to see!;)

I'm waiting for the tax return as well. It should be coming any day. I hear you about the weight loss. I've boosted up the cardio and that's helped. I still do weights, but it's more circuit/endurance than traditional lifting.

These are two of my favorite workouts and I have LOTS to choose from! I even miss doing boot camp since starting STS. ME is great, I've done it quite often: "time for legs again". And BC is the only, yes only, workout where I actually feel it in my abs the day(s) after to that extreme extent. They take very little space just plenty of energy.

I am so glad they don't take up so much space. I have such a small living room. I wish I could get more of Cathe's step workouts I just don't have the room. cannot wait to get BC!;)

I agree: the BC/ME DVD is a great one. And there are some nice premixes that combine the two, they don't use tons of equipment, and they are space friendly.

A tip: I personally don't like going up and down from standing work to ab work (I have normally somewhat low blood pressure, and this can make me feel a bit dizzy). Instead of the regular workout, I do the "all but abs" premix, followed by the "core only" premix (which gets the whole workout done, but in a different order. It also, IMO, ups the intensity a wee bit, because there is less of a break between the plyo work and the exercises for the lower body ).

Thanks for the tip Kathryn. I am definitely going to try that out. I get dizzy too when doing supersets and going from bike maneuver to static lunges. Cannot wait to get this workout, it sounds like it will be a blast and a good "next" dvd for me!:D

Ok, I just ordered it! I already had Boot Camp (old VHS version), but the idea of combining it with ME was too much for me to resist.

Ok, I received my dvd yesterday, and looked at all the premixes. You were all right, and I can't wait to dig in! One question - has anyone done the premixes enough to have an idea of how long each one is? On some of Cathe's premixes it states how long they are - the main menu on this dvd doesn't. Also, on the BC lower body only, is there only one set of each leg exercise, or do they repeat.

Jan,
I can't answer this off-hand, but the way I figure out the time for premixes is by going to the Workout Manager, selecting the DVD under "Schedule a workout," then choosing the DVD and premix option. It automatically fills in the time of the premix so you can find out how long it is.

Hope this helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.