Body Blast or CTX?

winter2b

Cathlete
I know eventually I want them all...but should I buy the Body Blast Series first or CTX? I am intermediate-Advanced and have several of Cathe's videos from FitTV and the Timesaver DVD, though I'm still pretty new to Cathe's stuff. CTX seems like a good deal for the money. How old are they (ie, no butt floss or anything, right)? Is the cardio intense enough (sounds like they are only 30 minutes each of cardio) to get the full cardio benefit as well as full body weight training benefit if I did the whole series 6 days a week (one workout a day)?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on whether using the timesaver is enough cardio if you do one of the workouts every day? It seems light on the cardio...but wanted to see what you thought.

Thanks so much for your input. 2 Months exactly from today until the honeymoon!!! I'd really like to get some weight off and tone up as much as possible by then!

Amy

If you already have Timesaver, I'd purchase the CTX series next, and if you can swing it purchase its country cousin the Circuit Max / Cardio Kicks DVD as well; if you buy them together (they were produced in one glorious torturefest back in 2000) you get a price break.

IMHO the CTX cardio is more intense than the Body Blast cardio, especially the 10-10-10 cardio (hi/lo nosebleed BLASTS!) and the Power Circuit segment. The first DVD has Power Circuit, 10-10-10, AllStep and Step&Intervals, and is chaptered such that if you want to throw on a little extra cardio (if 30-33 minutes is less than you want) you can easily do so. A couple of goodies are sticking the 10-minute step-interval-blast segment at the end of a cardio sequence, OR the 10-10-10 hi/lo sequence for a real tub-thumper. OR you could do the Kickbox cardio, then do the step-kickbox circuit (~10 minutes) from Power Circuit.

For cardio intensity, you really can't beat Circuit Max.

HTH -

A-Jock

>I'd really like to get some weight off
>and tone up as much as possible by then!

Then you'll love CTX. I know some ladies in this forum lost a lot of weight with the series and working out only one body part a day. The workouts have cardio that lasts about 30 minutes, but you can always put two cardio workouts together. CTX also has an upper body split that's already chaptered for you as a different workout altogether; LL, which is a short but mean leg workout; and an all abs section. Can't beat this deal.

Pinky

Here's my 2 cents:

I have CTX and love it. I agree that it is extremely versatile and well worth the bucks. I intend to do an all ctx rotation in February...from what I am being told, it can produce some great results!...The body blast series is next on my "wish list"...

Then Intensity...

then finally...HARDCORE!!! = )

How long will it take to acquire them all??

Who knows, but it WILL happen! }( lol

Take Care.

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.