BM2 Intensity

jansherman

Cathlete
I'm thinking about ordering BM2 and would like some feedback about the intensity. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being gasping for air, begging for it to stop) how would you rate the intensity of the blasts? Also, with the weight exercises, how hard are they? Heavy, light, or moderate weight? Compared to Drill Max, which is more intense?

Thanks!

Hmm... If you do Drill Max as-is and Body Max 2 as-is, I would say BM2 is more intense.

BM2 is 97 min long and the sheer length of the workout alone makes it intense. I would say the blasts are on par with Drill Max's cardio segments in terms of intensity (though Drill Max's cardio drills are longer than BM2's 'blasts').

BM2 has some fabulous premixes. The scrambled eggs premix leaves me spent! There’s also a really nice Boot Camp premix which gives you five rounds of cardio/lower body/upper body/abs.

The upper body segment is short, but I find it to be a nice workout. Cathe uses 5# and 15# dumbbells for this. I believe the highest she goes in Drill Max is 10#s. There is a premix that gives you each upper body segment twice, as well as each section of the ab segment twice. That is a good premix.

I would give the step portion of Body Max 2 a 7/10 in terms of intensity but the power circuit segment is quite intense, I’d give that a 9/10. The legs really get worked in that segment because of both the weighted leg segments and the plyo moves of the blasts.
I highly recommend this workout!

That's a good question. Drill Max is definitely intense in that you don't use the step very much, certainly not in the traditional way, making it a totally different type of workout. It's more like a bootcamp-type of workout. I do like the way DM incorporates the weights throughout the workout vs. BM2, which has it at the end. By that time, I'm so tired, I don't want to do the weights! Both DVD's have great premixes so you can vary the intensity. But I'll have to give DM a slight edge because some of those drills push the anaerobic threshold.

If your wavering between the two, get both (as budget allows) because they are such different workouts. Then, again, when your budget allows, you could get Cardio Fusion which combines LIC, BM2 and DM into one. ;)

Not very helpful, eh? :D

Thanks, guys! I already have Drill Max and love it. Sounds like BM2 is worth the $$. I'm not a huge fan of step anymore (not the traditional choreographed type) but if the format of BM2 is more athletic I think I'd like it.

I reach for DM more than BM2 simply because of the step. Nonetheless, BM2 will be a great addition!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.