BM2 Abs

AutismMom

What am I doing wrong??

I can't do ONE SINGLE rocket shoot. Not one. I'm not new to working out. Not even new to Cathe workouts. Granted, my abs have always been my biggest weakness -- but this annoys me beyond words!

I have to be doing something wrong. Any advice?

I can't do those either! At least she doesn't use them often. I also can't seem to do those dang jack-knife crunches she puts in most of her ab workouts. I end up modifying them using only my top leg and crunching extra hard.

I have very strong abs (too bad you can't see them)x(

I think the strength came from the Tamilee Web workouts I did on Exercise TV on Demand. I don't know if they are still on there, but there were 3 that I used to do pretty frequently.

She does a lot of moves that works the obliques, which is great and they really hurt! Anway, I did these for a few months. When I started doing cathe dvds, I had no problem with the ab sections. The jack knives are challenging, but definitely doable.

I would recommend substituting some other ab workouts for cathe's for a while, hers are pretty advanced.

This bugged me too. It seems like such a simple move, so why could I not do it??? So, of course, I kept trying. I've now graduated to being able to do "baby" hip lifts (same name for rocket shoots), and can even do a few pikes on the ball. The jackknifes came easier for me that those hip lifts. Just keep trying. You'll get better. I still can't do them like Cathe can, but I am improving. So I know you can too.:)

Sandra

*sigh* That's what I was afraid of. Not bad form, just not strong enough. x(

Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies. I will keep at it. It's just SO annoying that I can do all the moves in all the other Cathe workouts I have. It helps to know now that I'm not the only one that's struggled(-ing) with this one. Cathe and her crew just make it look so dang easy!

I'm still intermediate level with everything, but I gamely try every Cathe workout, modifying where necessary. It turns out where I need to do the most modifying is during core work. And of course that's what needs the most work after having a couple babies. But I keep trying and I know they're getting stronger....Maybe one day I'll be able to do more of the moves.

***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain

I figured it out! It's not my abs, it's my triceps. :+

I tried this exercise last night after a day of rest, and had no trouble. But I noticed that I was pressing down with my arms a lot, and afterward my triceps were quite warm.

This exercise immediately follows the tricep assassination in the workout, and done in sequence there's just no way my arms can help me out.

So I solved my own mystery. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.