Best Shoulder Workout

mabdoo

Cathlete
What do you think is Cathe's best and most comprehensive shoulder workout? If I do shoulders on their own separate day should I do both GS and PUB shoulders? I know this is one of my weaker areas and need to improve them. Thanks.

I 2nd the 4DS Shoulders. I have all of Cathe's workouts and this is definitely my favorite for Shoulders.

What do you think is Cathe's best and most comprehensive shoulder workout? If I do shoulders on their own separate day should I do both GS and PUB shoulders? I know this is one of my weaker areas and need to improve them. Thanks.

As much as I dislike slow heavy work...just the pace- SH Shoulders gives me the quickest & most pronounced results in shortest period of time... aside from SH I think SuperSets shoulders is also a fantastic burner & definer.

I agree with 4DS shoulder work and the also Gym Style Shoulders. Both of those are my favorites as well.

If I do shoulders on their own separate day should I do both GS and PUB shoulders? I know this is one of my weaker areas and need to improve them. Thanks.

Do you mean a separate should work PLUS GS shoulders and PUB shoulders on two other days?
IMO, that risks overtraining the shoulders (don't forget, they are also worked when you work chest and back, and plan your weekly workouts accordingly).

The shoulder joint is the most unstable in the body, and prone to injury. Overworking the area can lead to accute or chronic problems.

When a muscle group is in need of strengthening, it's important to give it enough time to recovery between workouts, so you can safely use your best weight for it. If you were to work shoulders, say, 4 days a week (which is possible if you do a separate day, then GS and PUB shoulders and then a back/chest workout), for most people that would not allow for enough recovery.

I personally find that when I'm doing a three-day split like GS, I get best results when spacing the two upper-body workouts as far apart as possible (especially since one works chest and the other back, both hitting shoulders). I put the lower-body workkout as the second workout of the week.

I will be doing the same with STS.

HTH!

4DS seems to hit my shoulders the hardest. I tried doing it twice and could barely lift my arms to take the DVD out of the player. :eek:

Thanks for all the responses. I have been doing 4DS shoulders or GS or GS and PUB just the pyramid up part. I have not been very consistent with my workouts these past few weeks because I went back to work full time and don't get to work out until after 8. Most nights I am just too tired to watch TV let alone get in a good workout. Anyway...when I do workout I am doing one body part per day for 15-20 minutes during the week. On weekends I get in a full 60 minutes of something like legs or cardio. Right now I am just hoping to maintain what I have. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.