BEST OF CATHES TOTAL BODY DVD?

dawnmh22

Cathlete
Christmas is coming and want to purchase a Total Body Muscle Toning Dvd of Cathes that you find Fun and Very Challenging? Right Now I'm looking at Muscle Max. I have some of the Dvds already but from they are from Fit Tv. TY!

I agree!

Muscle Max is fun but very challenging. I also like Muscle Endurance.

Do you have Power Hour? It's a solid workout but I don't love it as much as the other two that I mentioned.

If you don't have it, consider the Push/Pull and SuperSets DVD. You'd get two workouts and the variety of premixes. Each is a total body workout, but shorter (under an hour) than many of Cathe's other videos. I've heard mixed comments about them, but I find them varied and enjoyable, and do them often.

What else are you considering?

Muscle Max would probably be my favorite. I do also enjoy Power Hour and Maximum Intensity Strength quite well. Supersets & Push Pull are awesome if you want shorter workouts with less reps... easier to go heavier on those, but most people find them slightly more intermediate.

Hi Kathryn...

I do have Power Hour from Fit Tv and also Supersets and Push Pull. Its Probably not the same and maybe parts missing but still very challenging, Would you Recommand Supersets even if I have this one from Fit Tv or Muscle Max? Thanks,Dawn

Last edited:
Dawn,
I'm not sure how they're modified for TV (what is cut out), but I do know that MuscleMax is more than an hour, so I know they cut quite a bit out to make it fit.

Push/Pull and SuperSets are shorter (about 44 and 53 minutes, respectively), so it's possible that you have the "complete" version of each. So if I had to chose, I'd go for MuscleMax. It's about 68 minutes (and my DH complains about it every time!).

I've compared the list of exercises in Supersets and Push Pull from the Cathe's Compedium to what I recorded from Fit TV.

From what I wrote down, all of Push/Pull is on Fit TV as far as the different exercises.

For Supersets, there are a few exercises missing - Chest --- dumbbell incline fly on ball, Shoulders ....dumbell rotator cuff side rases on ball, Core ... rollouts on ball, and Triceps .... dumbell extensions on ball are all missing from the FitTV version.

There is quite a bit missing from the Power Hour FitTV version.

MM is not even on Fit TV.

HTH

Hi Lisa

Thanks, I also have never seen Muscle Max on Fit Tv , Thanks Kathryn so far I'm thinking of getting Muscle Max. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
My favorites in order are:
1. MM - good solid pretty heavy weight training for a total body DVD
2. PP/SS - for shorter total body workouts and many, many ways to utilize using the TONS of premixes
3. ME (and you get BC on the same DVD)
4. PH
5. MIS (oldie but goodie)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.