Battle of the Imaxes!!

mini-natty

Cathlete
Imax1, 2 or 3? Which one is your fav? Are you hoping Cathe will come out with a 4 and blow them all away??!!!

My fav? I am going to be the few that DO NOT place Imax2 as their favorite. Yes, I said it folks. No hate mail.

I actually really like Imax1 (insert confused look here :confused:). These are my reasons:

1) Simple, athletic, step choreo. I love how easy the step portion is while getting my HR up. Sometimes I do not want to "think" about my moves, I just want to sweat.

2) The blasts are tough & challenging, but not impossible. Tougher than 2 but not as tough as 3. A happy medium.

Hello Mini,

Wow...I didn't even know there was an original Imax. I did a search in the videos and couldn't find it. What dvd is the Imax1 located on? I'm interested in trying this out!

Best Wishes,

Denny R.

My vote is for IM2. I like the moves and the music.

The original is titled Interval Max and may only be available on DVD with a few other workouts.

Lisa

Hello Mini,

Wow...I didn't even know there was an original Imax. I did a search in the videos and couldn't find it. What dvd is the Imax1 located on? I'm interested in trying this out!

Best Wishes,

Denny R.

Hi Denny,

It's called Interval Max. Here is the link:
Rhythmic Step + Interval Max +Maximum Intensity

You can download just Interval Max for $7.00 if you don't want to buy the 3pk set w/the other DVD's.

I did this the other day (on a 8inch step) and it totally wiped me out.

Hope you get it! You won't be disappointed, especially if you like simple and not complex step choreo.

I only own Imax 2 and Imax 3 .... so I can't speak for Imax 1. ;)

Of the two I own, I prefer Imax 2. I like the combos better in that one. The moves are simple, yet they really wind me. Fun-fun workout!

Also going against the majority (I'm guessing) and going with Imax 3!

All those plie moves, starbursts, jumps and turns, etc with little rest time gives me the best workout. I like the music too, and am usually pretty ambivalent about the music. This was also my 1st Cathe workout and when I realized I really liked this woman.

I have to say Imax 2 is fun and has good music, but Imax 3 is my favorite for a harder workout. I have done Imax 1 maybe once, but will pull it out again this week.

On kind of a funny note - I have done step aerobics for many many years. Even though my videos were high intensity, they were VERY basic choreography. I'm talking basic steps with no backwards moves, no ricochets, nothing fancy. When I tried to learn my 1st Cathe video, Imax 3, I set aside about 10-15 minutes every day to start from the beginning and just learn the current move before moving onto the next move. Sometimes I would spend several days learning the same exact move over and over (in my 10-15 minute segments). I just could NOT get the mambo cha-cha and swear I must have spent 5 days just learning that particular move. And the pivot turn move just made me stumble (remember - none of my other videos ever had any moves where my back was to the TV and I just coudn't grasp this). After about 3 weeks of my practicing, I finally got the 1st segment done and was so happy and proud of myself. I remember reading that there were 10 segments total and I was thinking I could learn the other 9.

Well, when I went to do the next segment, Cathe said something like "Now we are done with our warm-up...." I couldn't believe it. I spent 3 weeks learning the warm-up. The freaking warm-up, people! I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, so I laughed. Luckily, I have found out that for me the mambo cha-cha and pivot moves for some reason were just extremely difficult to grasp but haven't had a problem since and don't even have a problem with her new choreography. I chuckle when I do those moves now because they are soooooo simple and I had such a hard time.

So...BRING ON IMAX 4!

Oh man this post was so funny to me! I am exactly like that and avoid all complex step choregraphy these days. Although Natty has me wanting to attempt it again soon ;). I tried a few of Cathe's step videos about a year ago and every time she would pivot and wind up with her back to the tv I froze like a deer in headlights! :eek: My brain was just not capable of grasping those twists and turns!

Hi Denny,

It's called Interval Max. Here is the link:
Rhythmic Step + Interval Max +Maximum Intensity

You can download just Interval Max for $7.00 if you don't want to buy the 3pk set w/the other DVD's.

I did this the other day (on a 8inch step) and it totally wiped me out.

Hope you get it! You won't be disappointed, especially if you like simple and not complex step choreo.

Thanks Mini,

I looked at the preview and got the impression the workout leans toward athletic stepping which is the only step aerobics I have the guts to attempt because I'm a natural born klutz.

Looks like a definite buy!

Best of Luck,

Denny R.

Well, when I went to do the next segment, Cathe said something like "Now we are done with our warm-up...." I couldn't believe it. I spent 3 weeks learning the warm-up. The freaking warm-up, people! I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, so I laughed. Luckily, I have found out that for me the mambo cha-cha and pivot moves for some reason were just extremely difficult to grasp but haven't had a problem since and don't even have a problem with her new choreography. I chuckle when I do those moves now because they are soooooo simple and I had such a hard time.

So...BRING ON IMAX 4!

Your story ranks right up there with Cathe's first biking experience! Not only is it fun to laugh at ourselves, but also to be amazed by how much we've accomplished.

Lisa

IMAX #3! Tough, tough, tough

I just love Imax 3 - it still challenges me with the choreography and intensity every time I come back to it. #2 is more fun-factor to me (while still being tough, don't get me wrong!), but IMAX 3 is by far the best in my opinion. Iterval Max was never my favorite, but that was due to the type of moves she incorporated. (I'm not a fan of the lunges over the top, and it has many like that.) It is; however, an intense and fabulous workout. I know every time I do that one, I'm so proud of myself at the end!

I love the post about learning the warm-up, that is classic! My DH is famous in our house for passing on a Cathe workout after trying two different ones with me, only to get to the end of the warm-up and hear those same words. He actually looked at me and said "Warm-up? Is she insane?? Who does that?" I had to stop for a few minutes because I was laughing so much at him - and of course, I told him we all go through that with Cathe, it's why we love her workouts!

Love this thread, nice to hear I'm not the only IMAX 3 lover. :)

well i'm an imax 2er....lol....i love, love, love, imax 2.....it's fun and tough at the same time.....although not as tough as imax 3....but the music feels like it goes perfectly with this workout to me.....imax 3 has grown on me b/c it was so tough but now i really like it, just not as much as imax 2.....and i like imax also, it just doesn't have the fun factor to me but it's a great workout:)

I just love Imax 3 - it still challenges me with the choreography and intensity every time I come back to it. #2 is more fun-factor to me (while still being tough, don't get me wrong!), but IMAX 3 is by far the best in my opinion. Iterval Max was never my favorite, but that was due to the type of moves she incorporated. (I'm not a fan of the lunges over the top, and it has many like that.) It is; however, an intense and fabulous workout. I know every time I do that one, I'm so proud of myself at the end!

I love the post about learning the warm-up, that is classic! My DH is famous in our house for passing on a Cathe workout after trying two different ones with me, only to get to the end of the warm-up and hear those same words. He actually looked at me and said "Warm-up? Is she insane?? Who does that?" I had to stop for a few minutes because I was laughing so much at him - and of course, I told him we all go through that with Cathe, it's why we love her workouts!

Love this thread, nice to hear I'm not the only IMAX 3 lover. :)

I love Imax3!!!
I agree, 2 is fun but 3 really kicks it up a notch! I find to get through it, I need to eat something really high in sugar for the boost so I don't give up. I think last time, I had a Twinkie. It's only 150cal, but oh boy did it do the job! Tons of water during it keeps me going too. I love the step combo's now (before they confused the heck out me :confused:) but once you get them, they are so much fun. I feel spent after doing Imax3, but very accomplished.

IMAX3!!!!!

I love love love Imax3!!!! It's super intense and I love the 80s music! :)
IMAX 1 and 2 are really great too, but they don't have the super intensity factor that 3 does for me.
I really really reaaaaaaaaaally hope that Cathemakes an Imax4....and another HIIT DVD too!

I love both the first Inasmuch and Inaction 2!! Its a toss-up for me between those two since they're both great!! Imax 3 is too hard for me yet. Heck, ive gotta modify somewhat in the first two!!! Lol

IMAXES

I love love love Imax3!!!! It's super intense and I love the 80s music! :)
IMAX 2 and 3are both great too, but they don't have the super intensity factor that 3 does for me.
I really really reaaaaaaaaaally hope that Cathemakes an Imax4....and another HIIT DVD too!

I love both Imax 2 and 3...it took me a year to attempt IMAX2 as It looked scary. Yes it does require previewing tricky moves but once it is done...It is fun, fun ,fun...I am happy to have mastered the moves...the only dread moment is traddle tap six times (not sure I have described it properly:eek:)...I wanted to complete so badly that I didn't attempt premixes.

IMAX3, is a complete different animal to tame lol:D it is super intense and challenging. Moves are tricky and I must admit it took me few viewing to master moves. I do not mind breaking down and learning them. As much hard it is there is always an interval I look forward to. It has got music which really keep me in a mood to get more intense. It is the same song played during Leg gym style warm up! I think it is during interval 7.I like facing the challenge each cathe workout offers. CF and TTM are tough, not as hard as IMAX3 IMO :)

To sunsdaughter, 100% with you for an IMAX4.Did Imax2 and I am feeling great:):):)

What a coincidence? IMAX3 is on dealy deal fox;););)
xoxo

Last edited:
I do both 1 and 2 and got rid of 3. I just had a hard time learning 3 and it felt like too much impact for me. Of I and II I like both and do both! I love the steel band drum at the beach in II and I is just all out athletic. Bring on 4...I would like to see what else Cathe could do.

Beth

For anyone interested in a crazy challenge, Hardcore Extreme is where it's at! It combines Imax3, Low Max, Kick Max, High Step Challenge. The Interval Blasts + Legs is probably the hardest Cathe cardio I've ever done! It makes TTM & CF seem like a cake walk (no, I'm not kidding).

OH PLEASE CATHE MAKE AN IMAX4!!!

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.